Thread: Milwaukee Police Officer Shoots Himself In Foot

Milwaukee Police Officer Shoots Himself In Foot

http://www.wisn.com/r/29558888/detail.html

I hope he has a speedy recovery. That being said, always remember to keep your finger off the trigger until you decide to shoot!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    hope hell be okay. but this was an oops that hopefully he will learn from
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Rule #1
    Keep your booger-Hook off the bang switch!!

This what would piss me off so much if a cop approached me while pointing a firearm at me. "DON'T POINT THE GUN AT ANYTHING THAT YOU DON'T INTEND TO DESTROY"

To me, grounds for lawsuit regardless of whether it went bang or not, fear for ones life an all.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

What we have here is a failure to perform as trained. [/Strother Martin voice]

Either he was trained not to draw until out of the vehicle or he was trained to draw and then exit the vehicle. Seriously doubt if he was trained to do two things at once.

And in any case he better have been trained to keep his booger hook off the bang switch, etc.

From the written account it seems that having his gun out and ready was appropriate. He just needs to work on the details of how to accomplish that. Also from the account it appears that at least one gun responsible for the sound of gunshots (before our hero arrived) was located and taken off the street. (Personally I'd like to see folks charged for abandoning innocent guns on the street or sidewalk just like we charge parents for abandoning kids. Those poor guns could get hurt laying out there all alone! Worse yet, they could hurt someone's vehicle if driven over, or someone's toe if they stubbed up against it!)

Now the big question is, will the MPD take advantage of the teaching moment presented?

Anybody willing to bet they will? I'm willing to give odds against it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Chances are he will get 'training', and by that I mean teased unmercifully.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

ha

I'm sorry, but I love this, all hyped on adrenaline, can't even wait to get out of the car to start poppin em off, right in the old foot. You ever see that video of the alleged DEA agent shooting himself in the leg, I laugh everytime.
    When seconds count between life and death the police are only minutes away - Philip Van Cleave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgLEGibyXs The Right of the People to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7...eature=related

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Now the big question is, will the MPD take advantage of the teaching moment presented? Anybody willing to bet they will? I'm willing to give odds against it. stay safe.
    Lee Paige's "teaching moment" benefited no one. This latest one will be missed too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trlPcDg-B4E

It's Badger Gun's fault. Another police office shot by a gun from Badger. It's such good news that by Badger closing, no more police officers will get shot.

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Rule #1
    Keep your booger-Hook off the bang switch!!
    Perfect in every way!

I am sure when he went through the MPD academy firearms training he was told hundreds of times to keep his finger off the trigger until it is time to shoot.

Some people no matter how many times you tell them, show them, ect never ever get it or they belive they know a better way.

He most likely well never make that mistake again. But then there are some real hard headed people out there.

I saw this on the news & started on a rant.
    Idiot doesn't remember some of the most basic rules of safety:
    1) finger off the trigger
    2) point in a safe direction
    Yet they're supposed to be the only ones qualified, professional enough, etc.

Hope he has to spend some time w/ the firearms safety instructor before being allowed back on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease
    This what would piss me off so much if a cop approached me while pointing a firearm at me. "DON'T POINT THE GUN AT ANYTHING THAT YOU DON'T INTEND TO DESTROY"
    To me, grounds for lawsuit regardless of whether it went bang or not, fear for ones life an all.
    When it happened to me, my mouth was dry for a couple hours after.
    And yes, "unlawful use of deadly force" or something to that effect was part of the lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

what we have here is a -- ND -- Negligent Discharge , if anyone of of us were to do the same thing..think FINE, MAYBE JAIL TIME for discharging a weapon in the city limits.....Amazing what cops can get away with being the only RESPONSIBLE ones that should be carrying weapons...LOL
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    what we have here is a -- ND -- Negligent Discharge , if anyone of of us were to do the same thing..think FINE, MAYBE JAIL TIME for discharging a weapon in the city limits.....Amazing what cops can get away with being the only RESPONSIBLE ones that should be carrying weapons...LOL
    Oh yea, they have total immunity, only way things go wrong for them is if they're caught on tape doing something that causes public outcry
    When seconds count between life and death the police are only minutes away - Philip Van Cleave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgLEGibyXs The Right of the People to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Lee Paige's "teaching moment" benefited no one. This latest one will be missed too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trlPcDg-B4E
    I was going to post this as well. Maybe this guy was the trainer for the MPD
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    On the other hand, if any of us has a Negligent Discharge (pray it never does). We can always cite this incident as a forgiveable incident if this officer is NOT charged.

It'll still be expensive though.

JJC
    Last edited by JJC; 10-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    On the other hand, if any of us has a Negligent Discharge (pray it never does). We can always cite this incident as a forgiveable incident if this officer is NOT charged.

It'll still be expensive though.

JJC
    My wife usually forgives me when I have a ND. Of course it is a rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    My wife usually forgives me when I have a ND. Of course it is a rare occurrence.

I don't think they were talking about 'that' kind of discharge!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    it's badger gun's fault. Another police office shot by a gun from badger. It's such good news that by badger closing, no more police officers will get shot.
    "ftmfw"
    Last edited by Dobb; 10-24-2011 at 07:06 AM.