• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Penalty for no Permit.

protect our rights

I was going out today down here in Marion County without a permit to conceal. (I DO have a LTCH in Indiana) My wallet was lost on the way down here. It was found last week and is in transit. I would like to still be armed and able to defend myself should I have to. I know Indiana they "can" arrest" you when you don't have your LTCH with you, but on proof of your LTCH they MUST release you and drop ALL charges. I just want to know how serious of a charge I'm looking at if I would have to use a weapon in self defense when not having my permit on me. Don't have the hour or so needed to look through the statutes. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Rich7553

§790.06(1) Florida Statutes:

The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.

protect our rights

§790.06(1) Florida Statutes:

The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.

Ok, I like this rule better. At least down here they can't arrest you for not having it on you. Thanks for the quick reply.

JeepSeller

Ok, I like this rule better. At least down here they can't arrest you for not having it on you. Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not sure I would put all my eggs in that one basket. The "x" variable here is, can Florida LEO's, in the field, verify your Indiana Permit? I suppose, it's possible, that if you were to be caught carrying a concealed weapon without your license/permit in your possession to verify it's validity, they could arrest you, take you to the clink while they figure it out.

I realize no one likes that thought, I'm sure. But, lets be real here, without a concealed weapons license, I believe it's a felony in Florida to carry a concealed weapon. In absence of a valid license/permit, arrest for that crime is an option. Sure, one of those "you'll beat the rap, but, not the ride" events, but, why ruin a perfectly good trip to Florida during the 1 or 2 days of the entire year we have tolerable weather with a ride in the back of a squad car?

I'm not saying don't carry, just playing Devil's Advocate by pointing out a hitch in the plan.

Last edited:

protect our rights

I'm not sure I would put all my eggs in that one basket. The "x" variable here is, can Florida LEO's, in the field, verify your Indiana Permit? I suppose, it's possible, that if you were to be caught carrying a concealed weapon without your license/permit in your possession to verify it's validity, they could arrest you, take you to the clink while they figure it out.

I realize no one likes that thought, I'm sure. But, lets be real here, without a concealed weapons license, I believe it's a felony in Florida to carry a concealed weapon. In absence of a valid license/permit, arrest for that crime is an option. Sure, one of those "you'll beat the rap, but, not the ride" events, but, why ruin a perfectly good trip to Florida during the 1 or 2 days of the entire year we have tolerable weather with a ride in the back of a squad car?

I'm not saying don't carry, just playing Devil's Advocate by pointing out a hitch in the plan.

Yeah, I guess I didn't think that one through. Yeah it would suck to get arrested but Hey, happier with that then dead from some thug. Just happy to hear it's not an actual criminal offense, that's what I was worried about. Thanks for the input Jeep

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
What concerns me about this is recourse. How do you fight it when it's a lie? How can one exact/extract justice/retribution upon/from the Opinion Enforcement Officer who cites you for not providing your permit while you are OCing on your way back from the range?

Last edited:

Rich7553

What concerns me about this is recourse. How do you fight it when it's a lie? How can one exact/extract justice/retribution upon/from the Opinion Enforcement Officer who cites you for not providing your permit while you are OCing on your way back from the range?

Because no license is required in that circumstance. The provisions of 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply.

ADulay

Because no license is required in that circumstance. The provisions of 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply.

Darn.

Beat me to the punch again!

Maybe I need to stay home and monitor the forums a little closer instead getting out and riding around all day like some foole!!

AD (hehehe)

Rich7553

Darn.

Beat me to the punch again!

Maybe I need to stay home and monitor the forums a little closer instead getting out and riding around all day like some foole!!

AD (hehehe)

Sorry Andy!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

I understand that, but... Who says the LEOs will obey?

It has happened to others. Since it's just a civil infraction now, what recourse do we have? No Judge. No Laws.

Last edited:

rmodel65

there was a case about a GA man who was arrested because the officer thought his permit was fake they seriously look like they were made by an 8 year old...the court ruled the arrest was proper.... heres what the GA WCL looks like
http://georgiapacking.org/images/gflfront.gif

rmodel65

It hasn't changed in over 35 years ...

The GWCL does at the first of the year its gonna look like a real license soon even with a picture
photo-9.jpg