Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

my laptop broke lol. havent been on in a while. woulda loved to come to the other meets. are we going to set a date to go shoot alittle? got an extra clip, lots of ammo, and bought some hollows protection rounds. shot 180 rds in 2 days thru the 45 lol. happy new year! makin some noise. my oc experiences have been great since the 5 guys meet. im totally comfortable with my 45 on my hip :P

Hey OCDOers, I'm back in Concord again. I'm guessing I missed this past meet, but I look forward to seeing everybody at the next one

David

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    I'm glad to see that some of you are still here and welcome back to NC ArmySoldier22. I'm currently in the hospital getting my pacemaker changed and will probably be out in time for the jan 7 meet. we still need to set a time/place. I think the new Mooresville IHOP is open now so my vote is for there.

Quote Originally Posted by Large Caliber Kick View Post
    I'm glad to see that some of you are still here and welcome back to NC ArmySoldier22. I'm currently in the hospital getting my pacemaker changed and will probably be out in time for the jan 7 meet. we still need to set a time/place. I think the new Mooresville IHOP is open now so my vote is for there.
    Thanks man, and the IHOP in mooresville sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier22 View Post
    Thanks man, and the IHOP in mooresville sounds good to me.
    woops, just found out from a friend that will be working there, they won't open till the ninth. Any other suggestions? different IHOP?

Next meet established, see post #1 for details, anyone unable to make it let me know and we might be able to adjust the time a bit.
    Last edited by Large Caliber Kick; 01-02-2012 at 10:14 PM.

woops, just found out from a friend that will be working there, they won't open till the ninth. Any other suggestions? different IHOP?
    Well the one in Huntersville isn't much of a difference in distance really. Well not from me lol. BTW, hope things go good in the hospital. Good luck

Well the one in Huntersville isn't much of a difference in distance really. Well not from me lol. BTW, hope things go good in the hospital. Good luck
    Thanks, not having my EDC with me is driving me crazy and it hasn't even been a week. I have got to get in some range time when I get home even if it's in the back yard.

Thanks, not having my EDC with me is driving me crazy and it hasn't even been a week. I have got to get in some range time when I get home even if it's in the back yard.
    Sorry to hear about your health issues, man! I hope you get back to carrying soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    Sorry to hear about your health issues, man! I hope you get back to carrying soon.
    Thanks, I'm out of the hospital now so I can join yall at the meet in at the huntersville IHOP. The Mooresville IHOP opens on monday. I'm going there tuesday to break the oc ice for that location. If anyone wants to join me I'll be going at 6:00 pm tuesday the tenth.

Dang, if I was on the day shift, I could make this one. I'm on a 12 hour night shift, which runs into Saturday morning on the weeks that I don't work weekends. So, I will be sleeping as you guys are meeting up. I hope my wife and I can make it next time.

Thanks, I'm out of the hospital now so I can join yall at the meet in at the huntersville IHOP. The Mooresville IHOP opens on monday. I'm going there tuesday to break the oc ice for that location. If anyone wants to join me I'll be going at 6:00 pm tuesday the tenth.
    I would join you Tuesday, but work is in the way, as usual. I have to fund my 2 guns every month plan that I've been doing, somehow.

Wow Carsontech, I'll be lucky if I can do two guns a year and that's only if I don't stockpile any ammo. I couldn't imagine being able to purchace two a month.

Wow Carsontech, I'll be lucky if I can do two guns a year and that's only if I don't stockpile any ammo. I couldn't imagine being able to purchace two a month.
    Well, I do sell or trade one or two each month, as well. lol. All my money really just goes to holsters, after I work out all the math. I bet I spend more money in holsters and than in guns and ammo.

I'll definitely be at the one tomorrow, and as long as it's not raining I should be able to make the one on Tuesday. Look forward to seeing how many people we get

might be there with my four five :P i might have a freind with me but hes been to the meets with us so its whatev.
    whats goin on tuesday? we just hopin' IHOP's? lol
    Last edited by bettersafethansry; 01-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bettersafethansry View Post
    might be there with my four five :P i might have a freind with me but hes been to the meets with us so its whatev.
    Lol, I think we're just trying to get exposure at that other one right after it opens so they can get a feel that it's normal to see things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bettersafethansry View Post
    The deal with tuesday is that Mooresville is getting it's first IHOP ever. They open their doors for the first time monday but I have a friend that will be working there and her first day is tuesday. I'm mainly going there to introduce that location to their first oc'er and patronize my friend as I will be requesting she be my waitress for the evening. The Mooresville IHOP is in the new building where the arby's used to be on hwy 150 off exit 36. They share a building with mattress firm right next to the Shell gas station on the west side of the interstate. The place is real easy to find. If you are coming from charlotte, get off I 77 at exit 36 and turn left. Once you cross the interstate, the order of buisnesses are as follows: Cracker Barrell, Hardees, Shell, IHOP.

See you all in a couple hours! If I'm not there by myself anyway lol

See you all in a couple hours! If I'm not there by myself anyway lol
    I hope It doesn't end up just the two of us again, but I will be there. leaving mooresville at 1:20. Finally got a wider belt so maybe my holster won't tilt so far away from my side.

I hope It doesn't end up just the two of us again, but I will be there. leaving mooresville at 1:20. Finally got a wider belt so maybe my holster won't tilt so far away from my side.
    Lol yeah, that wasn't quite the turnout I wanted. But I did understand because of such short timing on my part getting it set up. And that's great. That's why I like the paddle option on my blackhawk serpa, keeps it firmly at my side.

I would have been there today but it's my weekend to have my little boys with me!

Catch you next month, I hope!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Well, the food was good. The turnout could have been a little better..........Ok, it could have been alot better. If the first saturday of the month isn't going to be a good time for most folks, then we need to be told so we can agree on a better day. Not trying to be critical, just needing to be informed. I look forward to seeing those who can make it tuesday.

On a lighter note, ArmySoldier22, it was great seeing you again and glad to have ya back from Virginia.

I want to go ahead and get the ball rolling on the next location/time of day so that we might have better attendance next time. I' m thinking somewhere like Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell. I'm going to post info as if we're keeping the first saturday and will change if necessary.

Well, the food was good. The turnout could have been a little better..........Ok, it could have been alot better. If the first saturday of the month isn't going to be a good time for most folks, then we need to be told so we can agree on a better day. Not trying to be critical, just needing to be informed. I look forward to seeing those who can make it tuesday.

On a lighter note, ArmySoldier22, it was great seeing you again and glad to have ya back from Virginia.

I want to go ahead and get the ball rolling on the next location/time of day so that we might have better attendance next time. I' m thinking somewhere like Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell. I'm going to post info as if we're keeping the first saturday and will change if necessary.
    Those sound like good ideas for the next meet. Maybe we'll get more people than just the two of us lol. Thanks for the welcome back btw. You made a comment today about how it's usually new faces that show up from meet to meet, which isn't a bad thing at all. I'm just wondering if somehow we're scaring away everybody after that first meet they show up to? lol. As long as it's not raining, I'll try to be at every meet if I don't have something planned beforehand. And anybody that's not working or already doing something, we'd definitely like to see you there.

David

Weather permitting, as well as temperature lol, I'll see you at IHOP tomorrow LCK. Wonder if anybody else will be there.
    Last edited by ArmySoldier22; 01-09-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Weather permitting, as well as temperature lol, I'll see you at IHOP tomorrow LCK. Wonder if anybody else will be there.
    Partly cloudy, high 61, showers not starting till late tomorrow night, chance of rain 60%

Hey man, havin problems with the bike. Still tryin to make it though if I can get this fixed.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast