Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

Quote Originally Posted by drew9 View Post
    It's only 90$? Guessing that doesn't include the $20 for the hospital check thing. So looks like the total will be $110. Yeah, I'm waiting until I A: get my CHP, B: get a different handgun (a lighter one, I'd like to keep my pants on) and C: ... I know there's a C around here somewhere...
    Well, it depends on your county. From what I've been told, I'll actually only have to pay $80 total for Cabarrus.

C: Have time and money? lol

And nice job on bringing in another OCer to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier22 View Post
    Well, it depends on your county. From what I've been told, I'll actually only have to pay $80 total for Cabarrus.

C: Have time and money? lol

And nice job on bringing in another OCer to the forum.
    Lucky Bastard. Kinda retarded I gotta pay for yet another background check and a looney check on top of it haha

Well it turns out that I will have saturday off due to a scheduling error, lol. So if we are still on for sat then I am available. If we arent still on, wife and I are open that day for anything. Lunch, a coffee, some rounds down range, whatever.

Well it turns out that I will have saturday off due to a scheduling error, lol. So if we are still on for sat then I am available. If we arent still on, wife and I are open that day for anything. Lunch, a coffee, some rounds down range, whatever.
    I'm PROBABLY "lol" going to be free on Saturday now. So if you guys are still up for it, I will most likely be there.

I'm PROBABLY "lol" going to be free on Saturday now. So if you guys are still up for it, I will most likely be there.
    Okay, so we are going to Steak and Shake in Concord on saturday at 2:00 PM (14:00 for anyone who likes to go by military time)

8511 Concord Mills Boulevard. Anyone who wants is welcome to join.

Angry

Okay, so we are going to Steak and Shake in Concord on saturday at 2:00 PM (14:00 for anyone who likes to go by military time)

8511 Concord Mills Boulevard. Anyone who wants is welcome to join.
    I might be going up to WV to see the Fiancee's dad, and get her car worked on. I probably won't be able to make it this weekend. If not, I request that one of you have a burger on my behalf. :-P

Since I wasn't sure how long the certificate we got for the CHP class we took was good for, I checked with two instructors at Carolina Sporting Arms. They informed me that while you are "encouraged" to turn it in immediately, it doesn't expire, which means I can wait until next payday to turn it in. Just in case anyone else wanted to know.

Raining in WV this weekend, with high probability of snow. Looks like I can make it. Are we still on for ye olde Stake and Sheik?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Raining in WV this weekend, with high probability of snow. Looks like I can make it. Are we still on for ye olde Stake and Sheik?
    Yep, everything's still in the green for now. It'll be raining here tomorrow.. like it seems to be on most of our recent meets, but oh well lol.

Yep, everything's still in the green for now. It'll be raining here tomorrow.. like it seems to be on most of our recent meets, but oh well lol.
    That's because God has a sense of humor, and knows you'll be taking your bike.

That's because God has a sense of humor, and knows you'll be taking your bike.
    Right about now i should be saying something.smart, lol. We are definitely.still on for tomorrow. David whats the deal? You like rain or something? Lol

Lol, well it looks like He's going to spare me today. Looks like most of it hit us last night and the percentages are downhill from here. But I've gone out when there was a 10% chance of rain, and still got poured on for hours...

Lol, well it looks like He's going to spare me today. Looks like most of it hit us last night and the percentages are downhill from here. But I've gone out when there was a 10% chance of rain, and still got poured on for hours...
    At steak and shake. Very busy. Got a table for six or seven.

At steak and shake. Very busy. Got a table for six or seven.
    Another great outing. I will try to think of some place different for next time, maybe away from the mall so we dont suffer from traffic. At least it didnt rain:P

Another great outing. I will try to think of some place different for next time, maybe away from the mall so we dont suffer from traffic. At least it didnt rain:P
    Lol, yeah it was a good meet. Traffic did suck though, it was a nightmare just trying to get back to the interstate. Originally we were looking at Cracker Barrel, but I don't think we expected the turnout that we got. I know that it was iffy if I was going to make it or not. So maybe we can do that next time. Or we can figure out when we're wanting to do the next range meet and plan around that

Lol, yeah it was a good meet. Traffic did suck though, it was a nightmare just trying to get back to the interstate. Originally we were looking at Cracker Barrel, but I don't think we expected the turnout that we got. I know that it was iffy if I was going to make it or not. So maybe we can do that next time. Or we can figure out when we're wanting to do the next range meet and plan around that
    Traffic was horrible. It took forever to get from the gun shop to 85. I'm down for cracker barrel or something else. A range outing would be cool too. I need to build up my supply of 9mm so I can actually do some shooting.

Alright, it's almost time for our next meet. Anybody have any ideas on where to go? I know finding places is hard, especially finding someplace new because..well.. there aren't many restaurants outside of fast food that we can eat at. However, if somebody has the yard space and a grill that wants to volunteer their space, I think it's a great time of the year for an Open Carry BBQ. If we all brought just a little bit, even if it's just enough to feed one person, then we'd be doing pretty good on food and it wouldn't cost anymore than going to a restaurant, probably even less. I'd volunteer my place, but I live in a small apartment on the 3rd floor, so no place to BBQ . If anybody would be interested, just reply!

New Guy

Hey guys Im new to the forum and would love to get involved with some meet and eats, or shoots. My name is Trey and I live just outside of charlotte in Pineville NC. I guess I will keep my eyes open for next meet info. How many people show up for meets? in general? anyways nice to meet yall

Are we talking about April 7th?

Alright, it's almost time for our next meet. Anybody have any ideas on where to go? I know finding places is hard, especially finding someplace new because..well.. there aren't many restaurants outside of fast food that we can eat at. However, if somebody has the yard space and a grill that wants to volunteer their space, I think it's a great time of the year for an Open Carry BBQ. If we all brought just a little bit, even if it's just enough to feed one person, then we'd be doing pretty good on food and it wouldn't cost anymore than going to a restaurant, probably even less. I'd volunteer my place, but I live in a small apartment on the 3rd floor, so no place to BBQ . If anybody would be interested, just reply!
    ArmySoldier22 -- are we talking about 4/7?

Have we ever held a meet at R&R BBQ? The one in Harrisburg closed down but the one on Pitts School Road is still going strong and I'm pretty sure they don't serve any alcohol. cmenu.pdf

If not R&R, then I guess I could host it at my house. It isn't the greatest place and I don't have the biggest grill but I have a pretty big yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    ArmySoldier22 -- are we talking about 4/7?

Have we ever held a meet at R&R BBQ? The one in Harrisburg closed down but the one on Pitts School Road is still going strong and I'm pretty sure they don't serve any alcohol. cmenu.pdf

If not R&R, then I guess I could host it at my house. It isn't the greatest place and I don't have the biggest grill but I have a pretty big yard.
    Yep, 4/7. And no we haven't, I haven't even heard of them. Which is weird, because I like BBQ places lol. I'll call them up to double check the no alcohol thing. Thanks for offering your place too if it doesn't work out. If R&R works out, we can talk about planning a real BBQ somewhere during the meet so it's not so rushed.

On another point, does anybody have the updated open carry pamphlet that dreamer worked on? I wouldn't mind getting ahold of one to make copies of, and we have someone new that might be showing up that was interested in some.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGunner420 View Post
    Hey guys Im new to the forum and would love to get involved with some meet and eats, or shoots. My name is Trey and I live just outside of charlotte in Pineville NC. I guess I will keep my eyes open for next meet info. How many people show up for meets? in general? anyways nice to meet yall
    Welcome to the area Trey, always good to see new people around. On average, we get between 5-13 people at a meet. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but lately that's what our numbers have been.

On another point, does anybody have the updated open carry pamphlet that dreamer worked on? I wouldn't mind getting ahold of one to make copies of, and we have someone new that might be showing up that was interested in some.
    I took one to OfficeDepot and had 100 copies made. I think I've still got around 50 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    I'll see if my Father will ensure that our propane tanks are topped off and ask him if we can have it here. Ya'll meet up somewhere, go shopping for the food, and split the bill evenly. I'll have my own food here at the house seeing as I'm on a special diet. I'll come along for the shopping trip just for the sake of oc'ing with the group. How's that sound? we can set the grill up down at the dock and cookout at the lake here in Mooresville.

Quote Originally Posted by Large Caliber Kick View Post
    I'll see if my Father will ensure that our propane tanks are topped off and ask him if we can have it here. Ya'll meet up somewhere, go shopping for the food, and split the bill evenly. I'll have my own food here at the house seeing as I'm on a special diet. I'll come along for the shopping trip just for the sake of oc'ing with the group. How's that sound? we can set the grill up down at the dock and cookout at the lake here in Mooresville.
    That sounds like a great idea to me. A group OC shopping trip lol, that's awesome.

Sounds like a plan. Any ranges nearby to round out the day, or we just going to do a BBQ and sit around and talk. As an aside, anyone who's going enjoy cigars?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast