• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

drew9

Definitely, good seeing you there.

On topic of the CHP class I'd mentioned in here a few times, it was absolutely amazing. They are very very well informed. The man who runs it teaches pieces of it and runs the range, and his daughter covers all the legal aspects. There was one issue that she got wrong, and that was carrying into financial institutions. The CHP instructors are receiving information saying that you can't even open carry into a bank. I stayed after everyone had left and had a nice conversation with both of them about the class and other things while I helped them clear up the range, and they said that they'd have to look into the bank issue since they're being given information from the NRA saying that it's illegal. That was the only fault on their part through the entire instruction though, and I was genuinely impressed. I even asked a few questions and brought up a few points that I already knew that answer to, just to see what they'd say.

For $50 "the cost if you bring atleast one other person", I was expecting a poorly informed class where I'd have to come back home and try to unlearn everything they taught us, but that wasn't the case at all. If you're looking into getting your CHP, this is definitely the place to go to.

I sound like a spokesman for them don't I lol. I'm not though, that's just how much of an impact they made on me. Oh, and a tip.. Towards the end of his instruction, he teaches some hand to hand combat techniques for disarming somebody with a firearm as well as different ways to completely disable that person afterwards, the type of stuff you'd normally pay hundreds if not thousands of dollar to learn. Don't be the volunteer test dummy... lol. Why why did I raise my hand... lol

I am sorry I had to jet so soon after I finished, but duty called. Glad you were able to talk to them, Im going to call and thank them tomorrow. Oh, watching you play test dummy was the best
Part :)) all in all a great experience.

ArmySoldier22

I am sorry I had to jet so soon after I finished, but duty called. Glad you were able to talk to them, Im going to call and thank them tomorrow. Oh, watching you play test dummy was the best
Part :)) all in all a great experience.

Not a problem. And lol, I'm sure it was for anybody who wasn't me lol. I know we both mentioned taking his advanced class. I want to get my permit in first since that's going to cost $90. And then I need to get enough money together for the class $60, plus about $80 for 250 rounds of ammo. But I'll probably be doing it within the next month.

ArmySoldier22

I would have liked to have met up for that one, but I haven't had internet for the past couple days. Been using my phone, while I was back home in Albemarle trying to get some things straightened out. Do we have any game plan for next months meetup?

Doesn't look like anything's set in stone. Some people are saying they won't be able to make it, and I won't know until Tuesday if I can or not. Originally it was going to be at Cracker Barrel, but I'm not sure now.

drew9

Not a problem. And lol, I'm sure it was for anybody who wasn't me lol. I know we both mentioned taking his advanced class. I want to get my permit in first since that's going to cost $90. And then I need to get enough money together for the class $60, plus about $80 for 250 rounds of ammo. But I'll probably be doing it within the next month.

It's only 90$? Guessing that doesn't include the $20 for the hospital check thing. So looks like the total will be $110. Yeah, I'm waiting until I A: get my CHP, B: get a different handgun (a lighter one, I'd like to keep my pants on) and C: ... I know there's a C around here somewhere...

drew9

Oh forgot to mention, met another open carrier today at Harbor Freight Tools. Guess what he was carrying? A Hi-Point .40 Cal :D He should show up here soon, I gave him the web address, lol.

ArmySoldier22

It's only 90$? Guessing that doesn't include the $20 for the hospital check thing. So looks like the total will be $110. Yeah, I'm waiting until I A: get my CHP, B: get a different handgun (a lighter one, I'd like to keep my pants on) and C: ... I know there's a C around here somewhere...

Well, it depends on your county. From what I've been told, I'll actually only have to pay $80 total for Cabarrus.

C: Have time and money? lol

And nice job on bringing in another OCer to the forum.

drew9

Well, it depends on your county. From what I've been told, I'll actually only have to pay $80 total for Cabarrus.

C: Have time and money? lol

And nice job on bringing in another OCer to the forum.

Lucky Bastard. Kinda retarded I gotta pay for yet another background check and a looney check on top of it haha

drew9

Well it turns out that I will have saturday off due to a scheduling error, lol. So if we are still on for sat then I am available. If we arent still on, wife and I are open that day for anything. Lunch, a coffee, some rounds down range, whatever. :)

ArmySoldier22

Well it turns out that I will have saturday off due to a scheduling error, lol. So if we are still on for sat then I am available. If we arent still on, wife and I are open that day for anything. Lunch, a coffee, some rounds down range, whatever. :)

I'm PROBABLY "lol" going to be free on Saturday now. So if you guys are still up for it, I will most likely be there.

drew9

I'm PROBABLY "lol" going to be free on Saturday now. So if you guys are still up for it, I will most likely be there.

Okay, so we are going to Steak and Shake in Concord on saturday at 2:00 PM (14:00 for anyone who likes to go by military time)

8511 Concord Mills Boulevard. Anyone who wants is welcome to join. :)

Shimmer

Okay, so we are going to Steak and Shake in Concord on saturday at 2:00 PM (14:00 for anyone who likes to go by military time)

8511 Concord Mills Boulevard. Anyone who wants is welcome to join. :)

I might be going up to WV to see the Fiancee's dad, and get her car worked on. I probably won't be able to make it this weekend. If not, I request that one of you have a burger on my behalf. :p

drew9

Since I wasn't sure how long the certificate we got for the CHP class we took was good for, I checked with two instructors at Carolina Sporting Arms. They informed me that while you are "encouraged" to turn it in immediately, it doesn't expire, which means I can wait until next payday to turn it in. Just in case anyone else wanted to know. :)

Shimmer

Raining in WV this weekend, with high probability of snow. Looks like I can make it. Are we still on for ye olde Stake and Sheik?

ArmySoldier22

Raining in WV this weekend, with high probability of snow. Looks like I can make it. Are we still on for ye olde Stake and Sheik?

Yep, everything's still in the green for now. It'll be raining here tomorrow.. like it seems to be on most of our recent meets, but oh well lol.

drew9

That's because God has a sense of humor, and knows you'll be taking your bike.

Right about now i should be saying something.smart, lol. We are definitely.still on for tomorrow. David whats the deal? You like rain or something? Lol

ArmySoldier22

Lol, well it looks like He's going to spare me today. Looks like most of it hit us last night and the percentages are downhill from here. But I've gone out when there was a 10% chance of rain, and still got poured on for hours...

Shimmer

Lol, well it looks like He's going to spare me today. Looks like most of it hit us last night and the percentages are downhill from here. But I've gone out when there was a 10% chance of rain, and still got poured on for hours...

At steak and shake. Very busy. Got a table for six or seven.

drew9

At steak and shake. Very busy. Got a table for six or seven.

Another great outing. I will try to think of some place different for next time, maybe away from the mall so we dont suffer from traffic. At least it didnt rain:p

ArmySoldier22

Another great outing. I will try to think of some place different for next time, maybe away from the mall so we dont suffer from traffic. At least it didnt rain:p

Lol, yeah it was a good meet. Traffic did suck though, it was a nightmare just trying to get back to the interstate. Originally we were looking at Cracker Barrel, but I don't think we expected the turnout that we got. I know that it was iffy if I was going to make it or not. So maybe we can do that next time. Or we can figure out when we're wanting to do the next range meet and plan around that