• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

carsontech

Activist Member
Wow Carsontech, I'll be lucky if I can do two guns a year and that's only if I don't stockpile any ammo. I couldn't imagine being able to purchace two a month.

Well, I do sell or trade one or two each month, as well. lol. All my money really just goes to holsters, after I work out all the math. I bet I spend more money in holsters and than in guns and ammo.

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

I'll definitely be at the one tomorrow, and as long as it's not raining I should be able to make the one on Tuesday. Look forward to seeing how many people we get

bettersafethansry

might be there with my four five :p i might have a freind with me but hes been to the meets with us so its whatev.
whats goin on tuesday? we just hopin' IHOP's? lol

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

might be there with my four five :p i might have a freind with me but hes been to the meets with us so its whatev.

Lol, I think we're just trying to get exposure at that other one right after it opens so they can get a feel that it's normal to see things like that.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States

The deal with tuesday is that Mooresville is getting it's first IHOP ever. They open their doors for the first time monday but I have a friend that will be working there and her first day is tuesday. I'm mainly going there to introduce that location to their first oc'er and patronize my friend as I will be requesting she be my waitress for the evening. The Mooresville IHOP is in the new building where the arby's used to be on hwy 150 off exit 36. They share a building with mattress firm right next to the Shell gas station on the west side of the interstate. The place is real easy to find. If you are coming from charlotte, get off I 77 at exit 36 and turn left. Once you cross the interstate, the order of buisnesses are as follows: Cracker Barrell, Hardees, Shell, IHOP.

ArmySoldier22

I hope It doesn't end up just the two of us again, but I will be there. leaving mooresville at 1:20. Finally got a wider belt so maybe my holster won't tilt so far away from my side.

Lol yeah, that wasn't quite the turnout I wanted. But I did understand because of such short timing on my part getting it set up. And that's great. That's why I like the paddle option on my blackhawk serpa, keeps it firmly at my side.

Large Caliber Kick

Well, the food was good. The turnout could have been a little better..........Ok, it could have been alot better. If the first saturday of the month isn't going to be a good time for most folks, then we need to be told so we can agree on a better day. Not trying to be critical, just needing to be informed. I look forward to seeing those who can make it tuesday.

On a lighter note, ArmySoldier22, it was great seeing you again and glad to have ya back from Virginia.

I want to go ahead and get the ball rolling on the next location/time of day so that we might have better attendance next time. I' m thinking somewhere like Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell. I'm going to post info as if we're keeping the first saturday and will change if necessary.

ArmySoldier22

Well, the food was good. The turnout could have been a little better..........Ok, it could have been alot better. If the first saturday of the month isn't going to be a good time for most folks, then we need to be told so we can agree on a better day. Not trying to be critical, just needing to be informed. I look forward to seeing those who can make it tuesday.

On a lighter note, ArmySoldier22, it was great seeing you again and glad to have ya back from Virginia.

I want to go ahead and get the ball rolling on the next location/time of day so that we might have better attendance next time. I' m thinking somewhere like Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell. I'm going to post info as if we're keeping the first saturday and will change if necessary.

Those sound like good ideas for the next meet. Maybe we'll get more people than just the two of us lol. Thanks for the welcome back btw. You made a comment today about how it's usually new faces that show up from meet to meet, which isn't a bad thing at all. I'm just wondering if somehow we're scaring away everybody after that first meet they show up to? lol. As long as it's not raining, I'll try to be at every meet if I don't have something planned beforehand. And anybody that's not working or already doing something, we'd definitely like to see you there.

David

ArmySoldier22

Weather permitting, as well as temperature lol, I'll see you at IHOP tomorrow LCK. Wonder if anybody else will be there.

Last edited:

Shimmer

I think I'd enjoy meeting up with you folks, at some point. I'm very new to OC, and having done it very much, but it would be good to meet others who have been at it for a while. I live up in Hickory, but I've driven down to Charlotte so many times over the past two years, its almost second nature.

ArmySoldier22

You're more than welcome to. As of right now, it's just two of us at the meets. I'm not sure if it's just the time of year, or if people aren't interested anymore. But we'd definitely like to see some new faces around!

-LCK, I'll start looking into some places and get back to you.

Large Caliber Kick

Shimmer we'd be glad to have ya there buddy. If you want, you can meet me in Mooresville so you don't have to drive the entire way and we'll take my truck. If you know of any others up that way that want to come along then bring them with you and I'll borrow one of my parent's cars so we'll all fit.