• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Welcome to OCDO Jimmy519. I'm voting we do the next meet at Cracker Barrell. 2:00pm seems to be a favorite meeting time for this group so I guess we'll keep the tradition going. We generally try to find a restaurant location that is as central as possible for all parties involved. I'm thinking we'll do the one off Queen city drive in Charlotte. 3203 Queen City Dr
Charlotte, North Carolina (704) 393-2670. Pending any major negative feedback I'll plan for that.

drew9

Welcome to OCDO Jimmy519. I'm voting we do the next meet at Cracker Barrell. 2:00pm seems to be a favorite meeting time for this group so I guess we'll keep the tradition going. We generally try to find a restaurant location that is as central as possible for all parties involved. I'm thinking we'll do the one off Queen city drive in Charlotte. 3203 Queen City Dr
Charlotte, North Carolina (704) 393-2670. Pending any major negative feedback I'll plan for that.

My wife approves :D we both like Cracker Barrel actually. @Army: let me know when you're open. My schedule is due to currently working a part time job, and I'm always open to random group ups.:) Also I plan on going to a range after we get our new pistole (as soon as the sloooow sherrif's department decides to put ours through) so we do some shooting at that point also.

ArmySoldier22

My wife approves :D we both like Cracker Barrel actually. @Army: let me know when you're open. My schedule is due to currently working a part time job, and I'm always open to random group ups.:) Also I plan on going to a range after we get our new pistole (as soon as the sloooow sherrif's department decides to put ours through) so we do some shooting at that point also.

Will do. As it turns out, there may be some weekends I'm free. Hopefully those will match up with the meets. We'll be doing a little bit of shooting in a few days too for the class :D

drew9

Will do. As it turns out, there may be some weekends I'm free. Hopefully those will match up with the meets. We'll be doing a little bit of shooting in a few days too for the class :D

Nice, I'm dying to do some shooting. Any idea if the class info says anything about not shooting reloads? because that's about all I shoot lol

ArmySoldier22

Nice, I'm dying to do some shooting. Any idea if the class info says anything about not shooting reloads? because that's about all I shoot lol

I haven't seen anything on it, and I don't think they really care as long as you can shoot all 50 rounds lol. Talking about the class reminds me I need to update my address on my license so I can apply for the permit soon after. I was supposed to do it within 30 days of moving.. 8 months ago lol.

drew9

I haven't seen anything on it, and I don't think they really care as long as you can shoot all 50 rounds lol. Talking about the class reminds me I need to update my address on my license so I can apply for the permit soon after. I was supposed to do it within 30 days of moving.. 8 months ago lol.

Hah! I am just glad i don't move around anymore. I think this is the longest I've lived in the same house in probably 16 years. On the subject of applying for the permit; any idea how long I have before applying? I will need to wait until payday which is the week after the class. I'm sure I will have time but thought I would check.

ArmySoldier22

Hah! I am just glad i don't move around anymore. I think this is the longest I've lived in the same house in probably 16 years. On the subject of applying for the permit; any idea how long I have before applying? I will need to wait until payday which is the week after the class. I'm sure I will have time but thought I would check.

I'm pretty sure the class is good indefinitely, so you can wait as long as you want. I'm probably going to have to wait about a week as well. I'm hoping the turnaround isn't Too bad once I do submit it.

On topic of the meet, if I'm not working that day, I'll definitely be there. But it might be about a week before I find out if I will be or not. I know I'd definitely love to make it.

drew9

Well, some bad news: I work until 4 pm on the third, so I guess I won't be making it. :( Some good news: I am available next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for anything, lunch, coffee, dinner, or just a general walking :p Also, I received my purchase permit today. It took a total of 9 days including weekends to get it, for those of you who were interested. This is with Meck/Charlotte sheriff's department. Could have been worse, I suppose. I'm going to get two, just in case. By the time I need third I SHOULD have my cc and won't have to worry about it.

Large Caliber Kick

Not trying to sound like some kind of jerk, but If nobody thinks they can make it on the third I'll save my money and wait for the next one. Meanwhile if other's work schedules are going to make saturdays difficult then we can move the monthly meets to another day of the week.

drew9

Not trying to sound like some kind of jerk, but If nobody thinks they can make it on the third I'll save my money and wait for the next one. Meanwhile if other's work schedules are going to make saturdays difficult then we can move the monthly meets to another day of the week.

You dont sound like a jerk, heh. I had to put in for the last one off, although usually I have saturdays off (like this saturday, for instance). But I dont like to request too many days off in the same month and I already requested last weekend for the gun show, and friday for the cc class. Just wish I could make it. I am up for impromtu ones though. Hanging out with friends on random days is never a bad thing :)

Large Caliber Kick

You dont sound like a jerk, heh. I had to put in for the last one off, although usually I have saturdays off (like this saturday, for instance). But I dont like to request too many days off in the same month and I already requested last weekend for the gun show, and friday for the cc class. Just wish I could make it. I am up for impromtu ones though. Hanging out with friends on random days is never a bad thing :)

Oh yeah, I'm always up for a random meet if I have the cash on hand. There's an upside and a downside to being disabled. On one hand, my schedule is always open. On the other hand, I'm alway's broke.

ArmySoldier22

Oh yeah, I'm always up for a random meet if I have the cash on hand. There's an upside and a downside to being disabled. On one hand, my schedule is always open. On the other hand, I'm alway's broke.

On that note, I'm going to be out cruising around tomorrow since it's supposed to be over 70! I'm thinking about visiting the Steak N Shake in Mooresville for lunch if anybody wants to join.

Shimmer

Had a great lunch and cool conversation. :cool:

I would have liked to have met up for that one, but I haven't had internet for the past couple days. Been using my phone, while I was back home in Albemarle trying to get some things straightened out. Do we have any game plan for next months meetup?

ArmySoldier22

Had a great lunch and cool conversation. :cool:

Definitely, good seeing you there.

On topic of the CHP class I'd mentioned in here a few times, it was absolutely amazing. They are very very well informed. The man who runs it teaches pieces of it and runs the range, and his daughter covers all the legal aspects. There was one issue that she got wrong, and that was carrying into financial institutions. The CHP instructors are receiving information saying that you can't even open carry into a bank. I stayed after everyone had left and had a nice conversation with both of them about the class and other things while I helped them clear up the range, and they said that they'd have to look into the bank issue since they're being given information from the NRA saying that it's illegal. That was the only fault on their part through the entire instruction though, and I was genuinely impressed. I even asked a few questions and brought up a few points that I already knew that answer to, just to see what they'd say.

For $50 "the cost if you bring atleast one other person", I was expecting a poorly informed class where I'd have to come back home and try to unlearn everything they taught us, but that wasn't the case at all. If you're looking into getting your CHP, this is definitely the place to go to.

I sound like a spokesman for them don't I lol. I'm not though, that's just how much of an impact they made on me. Oh, and a tip.. Towards the end of his instruction, he teaches some hand to hand combat techniques for disarming somebody with a firearm as well as different ways to completely disable that person afterwards, the type of stuff you'd normally pay hundreds if not thousands of dollar to learn. Don't be the volunteer test dummy... lol. Why why did I raise my hand... lol

Last edited: