• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Later this summer is what I would prefer for my place and by then I'll have a working pontoon for us to use. there's nothing 'wrong' with it now but it's due for a water pump impeller replacement. Yes we can legally OC on the boat. Everyone bring their vehicle security safes and I will have a cable available for securing them to the boat should we decide to stop at any marinas since they all sell alcohol for consumption on the premisis. The bass boat should be ready by then too. It just needs a starter. We have an innertube if anyone wants to be slung around the lake a bit. I can drag a tube with that boat at up to 45mph and get the tube up to around 90mph when I sling it. If the jet ski gets repaired by then I'll be able to drag the tube at 60mph and sling at 120mph. Word of advice, don't tell me I can't throw you off of that tube or you will come off guaranteed!

ArmySoldier22

Alright, turns out I'm going to have to work this Saturday. It sucks, I was looking forward to visiting this guys BBQ joint.

Shimmer

Didn't realize this weekend is Easter Weekend, we may want to push this back a week for attendance purposes.

Yeah, probably. The fiancee and I are going to go camping, and have ourselves a little easter bible reading on the banks of a river in Pisgah, that weekend. Pretty sure I'm free for the weekend after, though, and it might let those working this coming weekend show up too.

ArmySoldier22

Didn't realize this weekend is Easter Weekend, we may want to push this back a week for attendance purposes.

I didn't realize that either. I'm not very good with remembering holidays anymore. I won't know if I'm free for the following Saturday until this thursday, but I definitely wanna be there.

ArmySoldier22

Normally either me or LCK try to get something together for a meet, but with me just starting a new job, my hours are all over the place. And from what I can see, it looks like I'm going to be working almost every Saturday, and some Sundays. It sucks, because I always enjoy the meets. It's nice meeting up with everybody. This Saturday "in 2 days", I'm going to be working until 6pm. So I figure I can be home and ready to head out to somewhere by 6:30. If you guys would be willing to do a meet later in the afternoon, maybe around 7, then I'd be glad to set something up. If you're willing to have it here in Concord, I wouldn't mind setting up a meet for the Golden Corral at 1540 Concord Parkway North, Concord, NC.

Last edited:

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
I know it's short notice, but...

My afternoon schedule just cleared up for tomorrow afternoon, so how about getting together for a bite to eat?

I'll be there and anyone else is welcome to join me.

Friday, April 20th about 12:30?

The Parkway House on Hwy 29 in Concord

aosailor

I havent made a meet since the 5 guys meet down off ext 18.... Hopefully I can make the May meet... has anybody set anything for that yet?

ArmySoldier22

I havent made a meet since the 5 guys meet down off ext 18.... Hopefully I can make the May meet... has anybody set anything for that yet?

Not yet, I'd definitely like to go to one, but I'm working a few jobs so I have almost 0 time off lol. So, I won't call this an official meet since it's such short notice, but on Sunday I'll be at Golden Corral here in Concord, 1540 Concord Parkway North, Concord, NC (704) 782-0044, at 2pm. If anybody wants to come out, you're more than welcome to. Most of my random days off tend to be during the week, so its hard to schedule something in. I could do a meet around 5:30-6pm next Saturday as well. I know it's a little later than we normally do.

Last edited:

bettersafethansry

Hey soldier, ill keep u in mind sunday. Id be down to come out and eat with ya, if i can get the misses to agree. Just got me a new piece. Id have to skip breakfast to come eat all you can eat lol. Would be nice to see you too sailor, glad im not the only one slackin haha. Do you live around northlake? If so we could make a may meet out there? Just throwin out a suggestion.

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

Hey soldier, ill keep u in mind sunday. Id be down to come out and eat with ya, if i can get the misses to agree. Just got me a new piece. Id have to skip breakfast to come eat all you can eat lol. Would be nice to see you too sailor, glad im not the only one slackin haha. Do you live around northlake? If so we could make a may meet out there? Just throwin out a suggestion.

Sounds good. So far there's me and two other people going, so we'd definitely like to have you there. Anybody else is welcome to come too. Not sure how long it's going to be before I can make another meet.