• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

ArmySoldier22

David, I'd love to do a meet before you leave. Name where and when, this one is totally up to you my friend. Put it here and I'll stick it in post #1.

I'm thinking Saturday at 4pm "i'd say earlier, but this friday night it's a friends birthday, so I imagine that I'm going to be out of commission all of saturday morning", but I can't think of a good place. 5 Guys is definitely getting kinda old. If it was a couple bucks cheaper, it wouldn't be that bad. Know of any other good places to get a meal that doesn't serve alcohol?

David

ArmySoldier22

David, here's a suggestive list.

Zaxby's, Shomars, Bob Evans, Ryan's, Golden Corrall, Sonny's BBQ, IHOP, Waffle House, Denny's, Ci Ci's Pizza, or Cracker Barrell

Thanks. Since you guys are gonna be doing Ryans on the 1st, I'll leave that one out. I haven't been into a CiCi's since I started carrying, I know the one near me in Concord has a negative rating on friendorfoe.us, but the one in Huntersville hasn't been rated yet. CiCi's is cheap for a big meal too. So how about CiCi's in Huntersville, Saturday, 4pm. Since it's such short notice, I know a lot of people probably won't be able to make it. But I want to atleast get one more attempt in there before I leave.

David

Last edited:

jag06

Thanks. Since you guys are gonna be doing Ryans on the 1st, I'll leave that one out. I haven't been into a CiCi's since I started carrying, I know the one near me in Concord has a negative rating on friendorfoe.us, but the one in Huntersville hasn't been rated yet. CiCi's is cheap for a big meal too. So how about CiCi's in Huntersville, Saturday, 4pm. Since it's such short notice, I know a lot of people probably won't be able to make it. But I want to atleast get one more attempt in there before I leave.

David

This Saturday at 4pm? I will see if I can work out my Charlotte trip for Saturday.

csaunders

Ugh, wish i could meet up with yall this weekend. However, meeting up with my lovely girl to spend quality time with her. Hope yall have fun and hope to see yah in the future.

Chris

ArmySoldier22

David, if we don't see you on the 3rd, have a safe trip and a peaceful stay in Virginia. I enjoy'd dinner and wish you the best of luck.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Concord in a few weeks.

Thanks for the send off. I really appreciate it. Wish we'd had a better turn out, but like I said before, it was very short notice. On a positive note, I was OCing in subway and ran into a fellow carrier. He has an account here on OCDO, but he hasn't checked out the forums in months. I talked to him about this thread and he said he'd check it out. Back when he was active on here, there wasn't anything going on, so I told him about our monthly meets. So I'm leaving, but I found a replacement lol

David

ArmySoldier22

Looking forward to the OC meet on 12/3 @ Ryans. It will be my first time at a meet-up, so help me know what/who to look for, okay?

That's always a problem at the meets lol, knowing who to look for. So we usually just slowly gather as people see other people carrying guns lol.

ArmySoldier22

Great! See y'all there!

I hate that I'm going to miss this one, we've been talking about getting in range time since that first meet me and Large Caliber were at earlier in the year. And it's 2 days after my birthday! That would've been an awesome b-day present, hanging out at the range. Oh well, I guess there will be future meets lol.

carsontech

Activist Member
<--- Look for me in a pewter '99 Chevrolet S10 pickup with a sticker on the back that says "Will race for food" if it seems nobody is there yet. I usually show up fairly early.

Better have an LSX series engine swapped in it if you want food. :lol:

Wish I could make it, I'll be working.

Last edited: