• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

Shimmer

I can go with that, but I don't mind driving. I finished up my degree at UNCC while living in Hickory, so the drive is almost second nature to me. I must have driven it several hundred times now. Just let me know when, and where, the next meetup would be. I do have one buddy of mine, the one who actually got me thinking about all this, who lives in Charlotte, who might be interested, but I'm not sure of his stance on open carry. I'll have to shoot him a call sometime soon, and find out.

carsontech

Activist Member
I want to go ahead and get the ball rolling on the next location/time of day so that we might have better attendance next time. I' m thinking somewhere like Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell. I'm going to post info as if we're keeping the first saturday and will change if necessary.

Just an FYI, Cracker Barrel has a corporate policy stating Open Carry is not allowed in their restaurants. Some of the locations or managers may not know the policy yet, but it doesn't negate the fact that the policy exists. I will not give my money Cracker Barrel.

Dear Mr. Sanderlin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all of us here at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. We're always pleased to hear from our guests.

Open Carry Policy
As we work to achieve our mission of Pleasing People, one of our top priorities is the safety and comfort of our guests, both external and internal. Because of this, and because it is our intent to provide our guests and employees with a relaxed, comfortable, family-oriented environment, we feel its important to review our open carry policy.

Simply stated, our policy is that we will not seat or serve patrons who are openly carrying or wearing firearms unless the patrons are law enforcement officers, security guards, or uniformed military personnel.

We look forward to seeing you in one of our locations again soon.

Sincerely,

Sandra Vance
Guest Relations Representative
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc

http://forums.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93859-No-open-carry-in-Cracker-Barrel-!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88012-Cracker-Barrel-Not-Friendly-to-Open-Carriers-%28Per-VCDL%29&p=1491132#post1491132

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88012-Cracker-Barrel-Not-Friendly-to-Open-Carriers-(Per-VCDL)&p=1492277&viewfull=1#post1492277

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88464-cracker-barrell&p=1495503

Anyway, I'm still wanting to meet up with you guys. I will be back on the day shift in a week, so making these meets will be easier after that. I will be working every other weekend, though.

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

Just an FYI, Cracker Barrel has a corporate policy stating Open Carry is not allowed in their restaurants. Some of the locations or managers may not know the policy yet, but it doesn't negate the fact that the policy exists. I will not give my money Cracker Barrel.

That's a shame, I like cracker barrel. It's been awhile since I've been there, but the one I went to in Charlotte had a manager that supports open carry. Now that you say something, she did mention there being a policy against it. But I never thought much of it because she said she felt safer knowing that people carried in there. I don't know if she's still the manager there though.

It really sucks when there are places like that with employees that support our rights, but have idiotic corporate policies against them. Maybe it's time to submit a petition with as many names as we can get, stating that we'll be boycotting their restaurants until they change their corporate policy. There are thousands of members on the forum, maybe we could get enough signatures to make a difference.

David

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
HaHa, that's funny CarsonTech. Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the info. It's just funny that I oc'd in the Mooresville Cracker Barrell just monday and nobody said a word nor was there a sign anywhere. If they felt that strongly about that policy they'd have it posted.

While we're on the topic of corporate policys, does anyone know IHOP's official stance on the matter? A friend of mine who works at one just informed me late last night that her manager told her that they have a corporate policy not to allow patrons to carry. The manager in question was not on duty at the time that we ate there David, and the assistant manager said she didn'd care what we did.

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

Yeah, I eat at the one in Huntersville pretty frequently too. Probably once or twice a month. I think a lot of managers around here just don't care about their corporate policies on carrying. It does suck that part of the money makes it's way up to corporate when they're so against the right to carry, but at the same time it's good to see some managers take their own stance on it as well.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
I'd be happy to have my first OC outing with the group, assuming it's coed.

Of course it is. We'd be glad to have you there. Even persons who don't even own a firearm but are interested in learning more are welcome to show. Just keep an eye on post #1 of this thread for updates on when and where the next meet will be. Btw, welcome to OCDO.

Last edited:

Shimmer

Indeed. What he said. Also, "woot," someone from Harrisburg. I stayed there for two years while finishing up my degree at UNCC. Very, very nice area, and its basically a part of Charlotte proper in all but name, in regards to distance.

ArmySoldier22

Trying to find an actual restaurant that isn't fast food and is near the border, that doesn't serve alcohol, is like trying to find somebody on OCDO who doesn't enjoy shooting.. Anybody here spend a lot of time in south Charlotte? So far it's looking like our best bet is going to be Golden Corral off of South Blvd

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Trying to find an actual restaurant that isn't fast food and is near the border, that doesn't serve alcohol, is like trying to find somebody on OCDO who doesn't enjoy shooting.. Anybody here spend a lot of time in south Charlotte? So far it's looking like our best bet is going to be Golden Corral off of South Blvd

There's a good fish camp restaurant down near Carowinds. It's called Captain Steve's. I'm pretty sure they don't serve alcohol.
http://www.allmenus.com/sc/fort-mill/47124-captain-steves-seafood/menu/

OOOooops! Strike that suggestion. It's on the wrong side of the state line...

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

There's a good fish camp restaurant down near Carowinds. It's called Captain Steve's. I'm pretty sure they don't serve alcohol.
http://www.allmenus.com/sc/fort-mill/47124-captain-steves-seafood/menu/

OOOooops! Strike that suggestion. It's on the wrong side of the state line...

Yeah, the border line down there is all F'ed up. I may or may not have carried into a certain food establishment at one point or another thinking I was on the right side of the border, and not being so. I may or may not have given myself a smack in the forehead after finding out what I may or may not have done when I got home that night lol. Appreciate the try though. Friendorfoe.us isn't a whole lot of help for that area either. Google maps says that the golden corral down there is closed, but I called to confirm that they were still open. So unless anybody's completely opposed to that, it may end up being our best or only option "aside from fast food restaurants".

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
ArmySoldier22 said:
I may or may not have carried into a certain food establishment at one point or another thinking I was on the right side of the border, and not being so. I may or may not have given myself a smack in the forehead after finding out what I may or may not have done when I get home that night lol.

LOL! I bet no one thought anything of your little "adventure" on the "wrong side", or even noticed. If they noticed they probably just thought you were a LEO. Not that your adventure actually happened. ;)

Here's a similar story... My wife spotted someone open carrying at our local grocery store here in SC. No badge, no uniform, just plain polo shirt with khaki pants. From what I remember, only on-duty LEOs can carry openly here in SC. So either this guy was a very undercover LEO or some noob OCer from NC or GA that didn't know SC carry laws.

BTW, I'm down for the Golden Corral.

I'm available the following weekends that begin the following days:
January 21st
February 4th
February 18th
...basically, I'm off every other weekend.

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

Lol, if it had happened, nope nobody said anything at all. I know there were no posted signs because hypothetically speaking I would've checked that far lol. It's crazy how starting from around Tryon St coming onto Carowinds Blvd, you can't go Either way without going into South Carolina. Would it have killed them to make a straight line..

Lol yeah that is funny, because when I was down for the fall bike rally at the beach, I seen a few people carrying. I never could figure out if they were LEO's or not. They didn't look like bikers, so I didn't think they were there for the rally. But then again, I don't look like one either.

So far the plan will be for February 4th. It's a good thing your work schedule fit with our weekend lol.

carsontech

Activist Member
Is anyone going to be wearing a drop-leg holster at the next meet?

Since it's probably going to be colder than a witch's teat this next meet, my wife and I are going to be bundled up pretty good. We may be wearing some drop leg holsters mounted right below where our coats hang. Also, we will also have our son (7 months old) with us. He likes to kick our hip holsters while we hold him, so we decided our drop-leg holsters should help with that too.

I know some say drop legs scare the "public", but I find them pretty useful.

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

Is anyone going to be wearing a drop-leg holster at the next meet?

Since it's probably going to be colder than a witch's teat this next meet, my wife and I are going to be bundled up pretty good. We may be wearing some drop leg holsters mounted right below where our coats hang. Also, we will also have our son (7 months old) with us. He likes to kick our hip holsters while we hold him, so we decided our drop-leg holsters should help with that too.

I know some say drop legs scare the "public", but I find them pretty useful.

I won't be, but I've considered getting one so many times.. Having a regular holster really limits just how much I can bundle up being on my bike. I'm just not sure if I want to strap one on lol. I really wouldn't mind it just walking around. But I automatically draw everybody's attention anyway, just being on a bike. I try not to give them any more excuses than that lol.

carsontech

Activist Member
EDIT:
Being able to claim ignorance may be best when dealing with certain things.
...What the heck is a gun free zone? I have no knowledge of any gun free zones anywhere.

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
EDIT:
Being able to claim ignorance may be best when dealing with certain things.
...What the heck is a gun free zone? I have no knowledge of any gun free zones anywhere.

Last edited: