• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

RedEagle

LCK, sorry to hear of your situation. Hopes and best wishes for and efficient and speedy resolution.

BTW, which CMC facility are you at? (i.e.- Main, Northeast, University) Might be able to help get you a name of someone that could help out.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
LCK, sorry to hear of your situation. Hopes and best wishes for and efficient and speedy resolution.

BTW, which CMC facility are you at? (i.e.- Main, Northeast, University) Might be able to help get you a name of someone that could help out.

RedEagle, thanks for the offer to help. I am at CMC main and have just spoken with the higher-ups. I got the impression from speaking with them that they agree the events of the past few days were wrong and never should have happened. They seem to be determined to get to the bottom of the situation and defuse it.

Last edited:

Shimmer

RedEagle, thanks for the offer to help. I am at CMC main and have just spoken with the higher-ups. I got the impression from speaking with them that they agree the events of the past few days were wrong and never should have happened. They seem to be determined to get to the bottom of the situation and defuse it.

Hope things make a turn for the better for you man, and as others have said, get well soon.

With that said, are we all set for tomorrow? Hows it looking for you, Army? I may have also missed it, but what time are we looking for?

ArmySoldier22

Hope things make a turn for the better for you man, and as others have said, get well soon.

With that said, are we all set for tomorrow? Hows it looking for you, Army? I may have also missed it, but what time are we looking for?

As it stands right now, the rain looks like it's moving later into the afternoon than originally shown, so it should all be good for me. And the meets at 2pm. I'll probably be there around 1:15 though just to make sure that the area I try to reserve for us in the morning is actually open.

Shimmer

Alright. I can probably make it at that time, if I can finish up everything I need to do in Charlotte. I'll be there if I can, although ironically, I'll be in Charlotte either way.

Shimmer

I'm here, but sitting in my car till it is a little closer till time to eat, unless someone else is here.

I wanted to make it, but predictably, since I was home visiting my family, they managed to derail it by several hours. Just got finished moments ago. How was the turnout?

ArmySoldier22

It was a good meet. Nice seein you all there. Wasn't as big as we were expecting, but still not bad. I'm sure me and LCK will think of something for the next meet sometime soon, but feel free to throw in ideas for places.

drew9

It was a good meet. Nice seein you all there. Wasn't as big as we were expecting, but still not bad. I'm sure me and LCK will think of something for the next meet sometime soon, but feel free to throw in ideas for places.

It was really a great outing, nice meeting you all. I'm going to try and make it up every month regardless if I've moved or not. On a side note, I went ahead and filled out the app for permit to perchase at Carolina Sporting Arms. I'm going to buy two there before I move, need to get my wife something.

drew9

Just wanted to give a heads up:
I came home and made it two hours before I became violently ill.
Don't know if it was sickness or food problems.

Wow...it wasnt just me then. Im going with food problems. It was about an hour for me, 20 mins after I left Carolina Sporting arms.

ArmySoldier22

What did you guys eat? I'm a little sick, but not too bad. Was burning up throughout the night, and it feels like my apartments 80 degrees when it's 60 lol. Any of you have the chicken?

drew9

What did you guys eat? I'm a little sick, but not too bad. Was burning up throughout the night, and it feels like my apartments 80 degrees when it's 60 lol. Any of you have the chicken?

yeah i ate the bbq grilled chicken or whatever it was. Also had some kind of meat from the asian section. I doubt it was the "blueberries" from the pie lol.

JDriver1.8t

I had the quesadillas and enchiladas.
The norovirius(sp?) is going around Charlotte right now. I'm pretty sure that is what we have.
It supposedly sets in about 2 hours after contact, lasts for about 2 days, and you can spread it for three days after contact.

I called the restaurant, the appologized and said that they are doing everything they can. They have increased the rate of changing out silverware and plates, to try and lesson contact.

Shimmer

I had the quesadillas and enchiladas.
The norovirius(sp?) is going around Charlotte right now. I'm pretty sure that is what we have.
It supposedly sets in about 2 hours after contact, lasts for about 2 days, and you can spread it for three days after contact.

I called the restaurant, the appologized and said that they are doing everything they can. They have increased the rate of changing out silverware and plates, to try and lesson contact.

Kind of glad I didn't make it, with all that. Perhaps a new location next time? As a comment, though, having worked as a chef myself, and having by pure coincidence chatted just the day before (friday) about norovirus, since there was an outbreak in Hickory. Soap and water is all that's needed to keep it from transferring to food, so...GC needs to up its health ratings.

NC-Heel

Sorry to hear you guys got sick. The Norovirus has been bad in Charlotte. I ate from the salad bar. Had the flame grilled chicken and ate from the Asian bar but am fine so... Had a good time. Any time talking guns and gun rights is good. Has anyone posted the meet in the open carry experiences? What our waitress said as we were leaving was hilarious.

I did learn that kids under 10 should not be allowed to roam freely.

Last edited:

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Sorry to hear you guys got sick. The Norovirus has been bad in Charlotte. I ate from the salad bar. Had the flame grilled chicken and ate from the Asian bar but am fine so... Had a good time. Any time talking guns and gun rights is good. Has anyone posted the meet in the open carry experiences? What our waitress said as we were leaving was hilarious.

I did learn that kids under 10 should not be allowed to roam freely.

So, for those of us who couldn't make it what did she say?