• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

papa bear

i spoke to her and another lady ( both were Hispanic), she said she hadn't noticed we were carrying until we started to leave. i asked her if she carried and she said no, but she thought she would like to have a gun. i told her she should and gave her some carry info cards. they were very open to the fact of open carry.

BTW, not a bit sick. did eat some of the chicken.

drew9

Next one

So, any idea where the next meet and greet is? Looking forward to it minus any viruses :D
on a side note, while the interviews went well the company I applied at went with someone more local, so if any of you know of companies looking for a very well travelled tech savvy guy I'd be happy to hear about it :)

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
So, any idea where the next meet and greet is? Looking forward to it minus any viruses :D
on a side note, while the interviews went well the company I applied at went with someone more local, so if any of you know of companies looking for a very well travelled tech savvy guy I'd be happy to hear about it :)

Sorry I haven't given any thought as to a location for the next meet as I just got home from being in the hospital for 2.5 weeks yesterday. I will probably come up with something by the end of the weekend or monday evening at the latest.

drew9

Sorry I haven't given any thought as to a location for the next meet as I just got home from being in the hospital for 2.5 weeks yesterday. I will probably come up with something by the end of the weekend or monday evening at the latest.

Sorry to hear about the prolonged hospital stay, hope you are feeling better.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran

drew9Congrats on your interview!

About places, here are a few RESTAURANT suggestions:
  • Cracker Barrel
  • IHOP
  • Denny's
  • Zaxby's
  • Panera Bread
  • Mayflower Seafood Restaurant
  • Mr. C's Restaurant
  • Parkway House Restaurant
  • Steele Creek Cafe
  • Harbor Inn Seafood Restaurant

As for companies, have you created a profile on www.linkedin.com? Many companies put their current job openings on that site and LOTS of recruiters check the site for people when they are looking to fill a position.

Since you're in Charlotte, you could check with any/all of these:
  • Ally
  • Bank of America
  • Wells Fargo
  • BB&T
  • Duke Energy
  • Lowe's Home Improvement
  • TIAA-CREF, etc...

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

drew9Congrats on your interview!

About places, here are a few suggestions:
  • Cracker Barrel
  • IHOP
  • Denny's
  • Zaxby's
  • Panera Bread
  • Mayflower Seafood Restaurant
  • Mr. C's Restaurant
  • Parkway House Restaurant
  • Steele Creek Cafe
  • Harbor Inn Seafood Restaurant

Lolll, I completely misread that reply. Since you were talking to drew, I thought you were also giving him a list of companies too. I was looking at it like, well those don't sound like very job options for a tech guy... :cool::lol:

drew9

Lolll, I completely misread that reply. Since you were talking to drew, I thought you were also giving him a list of companies too. I was looking at it like, well those don't sound like very job options for a tech guy... :cool::lol:

@ army: haha yeah! I didnt even see the g22's post before I saw yours, had to scroll up.

@G22 thanks for that list, I will start looking at them right away. I am glad I will be close enough for some more get togethers. If anyone wants to do lunch or coffee or whatevee inbetween group dates :D my wife and I would be up for it.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
@ army: haha yeah! I didnt even see the g22's post before I saw yours, had to scroll up.

@G22 thanks for that list, I will start looking at them right away. I am glad I will be close enough for some more get togethers. If anyone wants to do lunch or coffee or whatevee inbetween group dates :D my wife and I would be up for it.

I'm going to be stopping for coffee at Starbucks on Bruton Smith Blvd. on Tuesday, 2/14 if you want to meet up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

drew9

I'm going to be stopping for coffee at Starbucks on Bruton Smith Blvd. on Tuesday, 2/14 if you want to meet up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

That could work I think I am off that day. I'll let you know tonight when I get home. On a side note, met a guy at work today who is interested in open carry, so will send him here when I call him later :)

Large Caliber Kick

Thank you all who have wished me well during my medical struggles in the past month. It looks like I am in the final strech of my recovery so please keep your fingers crossed and those of you who are willing a prayer or two can't hurt.

I am looking forward to the next meet and wish to thank those who have begun planning it without me as I am stronger than I was but still fairly weak.

I will be going to a Starbucks in Mooresville in the afternoon of the 14th. Anyone that wants to meetup let me know.

drew9

Thank you all who have wished me well during my medical struggles in the past month. It looks like I am in the final strech of my recovery so please keep your fingers crossed and those of you who are willing a prayer or two can't hurt.

I am looking forward to the next meet and wish to thank those who have begun planning it without me as I am stronger than I was but still fairly weak.

I will be going to a Starbucks in Mooresville in the afternoon of the 14th. Anyone that wants to meetup let me know.

2 starbucks on the 14th? :D any chance we could combine the two(depending on what Caliber's and G22's schedules are like, I'm off that day)? just an idea.

Large Caliber Kick

2 starbucks on the 14th? :D any chance we could combine the two(depending on what Caliber's and G22's schedules are like, I'm off that day)? just an idea.

I'm bringing my mother with me and she is not able to go until after lunch. I will ask her if she has other time frame restrictions and get back to yall. As far as the location goes, I could meet halfway in the Huntersville/Conelius area.

Update: We're available to meet any time between 12:30pm and 3:30pm for Tuesday.

Last edited:

drew9

I'm bringing my mother with me and she is not able to go until after lunch. I will ask her if she has other time frame restrictions and get back to yall. As far as the location goes, I could meet halfway in the Huntersville/Conelius area.

Update: We're available to meet any time between 12:30pm and 3:30pm for Tuesday.

I'm available in that time frame also. G22 What do you think?

merc460

Hope you are feeling better!