• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another trip to Bozeman....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Deros72 and I will be visiting Bozeman this coming weekend. We will be staying with TWG2A as well as my daughter (student at MSU). We will be in town Friday, Sat and Sunday. While we have a full itinerary, including attending the football game on Saturday, we are looking for good places to eat each night we are there. And if anyone has any free time to grab a cup of coffee in or around Bozeman drop us a line....

DCR

The Garage and McKenzie River Pizza on Main Street

Are my personal faves when I visit my family there. Many other good restaurants have come and gone, unfortunately.

Avoid Ted Turner's restaurant, Ted's Montana Grill, on the basis of principle alone - never eaten there, never will, so I can't comment on the food, but don't think I could stomach anything about the place anyway.

Have a safe trip!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

LOOIE'S Down Under Fine Dining - Sushi Bar, 010 East Main Street

http://www.looies-downunder.com/

I lived thirty years in a community with nearly a hundred nationally rated restaurants. Looie's and Mrs. Looie's would easily rate in that top ten. A true gem unexpected! Service! Ambiance! Wine Selection! Menu!

1245A Defender

Well,,,

This thread clears up my suspicions about you two visiting Bozeman.
Say Hi to TWG2A for me.
Whats the 2A policy/law in that football stadium?
I was OCing while I watched a recap of game 6 on the news an hour ago!

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

I have not been to MSU so don't have first hand knowledge but it looks prohibited by policy. http://www.montana.edu/legalcounsel/firearms_policy_11_07.html

I don't believe it is restricted on a state level however it can be enforced by law on a local level. MT preemption law MCA 45-8-351.

MCA 45-8-351 said:
A county, city, town, consolidated local government, or other local government unit has power to prevent and suppress the carrying of concealed or unconcealed weapons to a public assembly, publicly owned building, park under its jurisdiction, or school, and the possession of firearms by convicted felons, adjudicated mental incompetents, illegal aliens, and minors.

Most first class cities in Montana have adopted an ordinance to implement the authority granted under MCA 45-8-351, and most of the campuses of the Montana university system are located at those cities.

Another sad thing that adds extra time to my trips to MT is parks are not under preemption law like they are in WA, which means you need to look up the law for each city you stop in :(

IAMAL, verify all facts.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

thanks for the legal end to the football question, but I really just wondered how gogo would handle his visit to the stadium.
now that the visit to montana is over, I wonder how it all turned out?
did he meet any montanans, did they enjoy their dinner?
who won the game?
does his daughters Italian gun work now?

its nice when an OP comes back to his thread to follow up.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This thread clears up my suspicions about you two visiting Bozeman.
Say Hi to TWG2A for me.
I was OCing while I watched a recap of game 6 on the news an hour ago!

TWG2A is good...
It is not illegal to carry on MSU campus, but it is against the school policy and they will kick students out if they find them with a handgun or ammo in their dorm rooms. However, the dorm my daughter stays in has a Gun Cleaning room and storage room in the basement. It is only for long guns (i.e. hunting rifles) and you may not store ammo. So you must buy it or leave it stored in your vehicle or off campus.

thanks for the legal end to the football question, but I really just wondered how gogo would handle his visit to the stadium.
now that the visit to montana is over, I wonder how it all turned out?
did he meet any montanans, did they enjoy their dinner?
who won the game?
does his daughters Italian gun work now?

its nice when an OP comes back to his thread to follow up.

I was never unarmed, except in the secure areas of the airport while in Montana.
We met several Monatanans, enjoyed our dinners at Stacy's Steakhouse and The Garage.
MSU won the game over Idaho in a blowout.
I am going to sell the Bernadelli I bought for my daughter and buy her a Sig.

300244_1570348395127_1728023493_824459_1605302662_n.jpg

392221_1570347035093_1728023493_824456_1254478693_n.jpg