Thread: For those interested in donating to MOCA

For those interested in donating to MOCA

Here's the link:

http://maineopencarry.org/donate.html

Shane, please endorse this post so people know they're going to the right place.
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by ep0k View Post
    Here's the link:

Shane, please endorse this post so people know they're going to the right place.
    looks good to me!

Accomplished Advocate
    For checks/money orders or cash please send them to Shane Belanger 180 Lower Main St. Apt E8 Freeport, Me 04032

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

shanebelanger said: So far we have raised: $700.00 dollars and money to build a brand new website, as well as up-keep. We are SO CLOSE to becoming a 501c(4) not for profit that it isn't even funny. Even if you can only afford to give ten dollars, anything and everything can and will help! Please email me the amount you are willing to donate to truly get MOCA off the ground. Once we have this status we can do everything that we have been talking about! :-)
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...we-have-raised
    Believe me any amount will help - it does add up.

Brown bag your lunches for a week, don't buy that box of ammo, drink ice water instead of soda - send the money you saved to help push MOCA into the future!

Click it, mail it or hand deliver it. Dig into your piggy banks. DONATE something. MOCA is your future.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Believe me any amount will help - it does add up.

Brown bag your lunches for a week, don't buy that box of ammo, drink ice water instead of soda - send the money you saved to help push MOCA into the future!

Click it, mail it or hand deliver it. Dig into your piggy banks. DONATE something. MOCA is your future.

Indeed, every group starts small. Even the founding fathers were a small group, right?

I will be making a donation first thing tomorrow. Cmon guys, let's make MOCA official!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Indeed, every group starts small. Even the founding fathers were a small group, right?

I will be making a donation first thing tomorrow. Cmon guys, let's make MOCA official!!
    If having someone from VA get behind us and start pushing doesn't make the people of Maine want to fight even harder for this... I don't know what will.

I just wrote the check. Will be in todays mail.

Donation sent. I hope you guys decide on your new name soon. I find it odd that half the posters in this thread are from VA. Maine residents: Where are you? What are you waiting for?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Donation sent. I hope you guys decide on your new name soon. I find it odd that half the posters in this thread are from VA. Maine residents: Where are you? What are you waiting for?
    They are good people, just used to keeping to themselves. Unfortunately that way does not accomplish goals - banding together for a cause does. Those of us who have been there and done that are just sharing and trying to be of assistance.

Let's hope that the distant rumble turns into a roar and lifts MOCA to new heights.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate
    donation link is down for maintenance should be up within 24-48 hours sorry for the inconvenience.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    just tried it. looks to be working again......im going to make a donation tomorrow. have to load some $$ onto my visa then off it goes :-)
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Donations

I will make a small donation on Monday. This link should be on the Maine Open Carry web page

Accomplished Advocate
    Thank you sir, your donation is greatly appreciated!

Just my humble opinion

When we create this Maine firearm association those that have given time and money to get this off the ground are some day going to be able to take pride in telling there children and grandchildren how they were one of the few that stepped up to the plate to help make this happen. This movement is bigger then ourselves. Please be a part of it. We need your support and you need a organization to protect gun rights for that future child or grandchild so you'll be able to take him/her to the range or hunting thirty years from now.
    Last edited by jonjon_jon; 10-30-2011 at 01:07 PM.

i just donated. it was small but i hope it helps.

XD-OVER

Ditto what crdonov said!

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_jon View Post
    When we create this Maine firearm association those that have given time and money to get this off the ground are some day going to be able to take pride in telling there children and grandchildren how they were one of the few that stepped up to the plate to help make this happen. This movement is bigger then ourselves. Please be a part of it. We need your support and you need a organization to protect gun rights for that future child or grandchild so you'll be able to take him/her to the range or hunting thirty years from now.
    bingo. and thanks to everyone who has donated thus far! :-)

Where's the beef?

If any of you are old enough to remember the Wendy's commercial where they ask "Where's the Beef" Well I'm asking good naturedly?

We're close to putting together a 501c that's something that many of you have wanted and worked for. With a 501c non profit we'll have the chance to really form something that will have a lasting meaning for all. If you haven't gave yet I would urge you to consider it. If you don't understand why this is so important to your future, I would ask you to contact Shane to explain what we're trying to do here and why.
    Last edited by jonjon_jon; 11-12-2011 at 06:36 PM.