• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For those interested in donating to MOCA

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/member.php?41014-shanebelanger
shanebelanger said: So far we have raised: $700.00 dollars and money to build a brand new website, as well as up-keep. We are SO CLOSE to becoming a 501c(4) not for profit that it isn't even funny. Even if you can only afford to give ten dollars, anything and everything can and will help! Please email me the amount you are willing to donate to truly get MOCA off the ground. Once we have this status we can do everything that we have been talking about! :)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?96184-So-far-we-have-raised

Believe me any amount will help - it does add up.

Brown bag your lunches for a week, don't buy that box of ammo, drink ice water instead of soda - send the money you saved to help push MOCA into the future!

Click it, mail it or hand deliver it. Dig into your piggy banks. DONATE something. MOCA is your future.

http://maineopencarry.org/donate.html

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/member.php?41014-shanebelanger

Believe me any amount will help - it does add up.

Brown bag your lunches for a week, don't buy that box of ammo, drink ice water instead of soda - send the money you saved to help push MOCA into the future!

Click it, mail it or hand deliver it. Dig into your piggy banks. DONATE something. MOCA is your future.

http://maineopencarry.org/donate.html

Indeed, every group starts small. Even the founding fathers were a small group, right?

I will be making a donation first thing tomorrow. Cmon guys, let's make MOCA official!!

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Indeed, every group starts small. Even the founding fathers were a small group, right?

I will be making a donation first thing tomorrow. Cmon guys, let's make MOCA official!!

If having someone from VA get behind us and start pushing doesn't make the people of Maine want to fight even harder for this... I don't know what will.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Donation sent. I hope you guys decide on your new name soon. I find it odd that half the posters in this thread are from VA. Maine residents: Where are you? What are you waiting for?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Donation sent. I hope you guys decide on your new name soon. I find it odd that half the posters in this thread are from VA. Maine residents: Where are you? What are you waiting for?

They are good people, just used to keeping to themselves. Unfortunately that way does not accomplish goals - banding together for a cause does. Those of us who have been there and done that are just sharing and trying to be of assistance.

Let's hope that the distant rumble turns into a roar and lifts MOCA to new heights.

carry for myself

just tried it. looks to be working again......im going to make a donation tomorrow. have to load some $$ onto my visa then off it goes :)

jonjon_jon

Just my humble opinion

When we create this Maine firearm association those that have given time and money to get this off the ground are some day going to be able to take pride in telling there children and grandchildren how they were one of the few that stepped up to the plate to help make this happen. This movement is bigger then ourselves. Please be a part of it. We need your support and you need a organization to protect gun rights for that future child or grandchild so you'll be able to take him/her to the range or hunting thirty years from now.

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
When we create this Maine firearm association those that have given time and money to get this off the ground are some day going to be able to take pride in telling there children and grandchildren how they were one of the few that stepped up to the plate to help make this happen. This movement is bigger then ourselves. Please be a part of it. We need your support and you need a organization to protect gun rights for that future child or grandchild so you'll be able to take him/her to the range or hunting thirty years from now.

bingo. and thanks to everyone who has donated thus far! :)

jonjon_jon

Where's the beef?

If any of you are old enough to remember the Wendy's commercial where they ask "Where's the Beef" Well I'm asking good naturedly?

We're close to putting together a 501c that's something that many of you have wanted and worked for. With a 501c non profit we'll have the chance to really form something that will have a lasting meaning for all. If you haven't gave yet I would urge you to consider it. If you don't understand why this is so important to your future, I would ask you to contact Shane to explain what we're trying to do here and why.

Last edited: