Thread: NASA sting terrifies woman, 74-year-old suspect who was terrified by armed officials.

Herr Heckler Koch

NASA sting terrifies woman, 74-year-old suspect who was terrified by armed officials. 350 hits

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Watkins, certified reporter AP - EXCERPT
    Curiously, though, Davis agreed to sell the sample to NASA for a stellar $1.7 million. She said she wanted to leave her three children an inheritance and take care of her sick son.

NASA investigators then arranged the sting, where Conley met with Davis and her current husband at the Denny's at Lake Elsinore in Riverside County.

Soon after settling into a booth, Davis said, she pulled out the moon sample and about half a dozen sheriff's deputies and NASA investigators rushed into the eatery.

When [armed] officers in flack vests took a hold of her, the 4-foot-11 woman said she was so scared she lost control of her bladder and was taken outside to a parking lot, where she was questioned and detained for about two hours.

"They grabbed me and pulled me out of the booth," Davis claimed. "I had very, very deep bruises on my left side."

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Wow. There are many times more Moon rocks on Earth from...

Oh, drat. This is the gun forum, not my astronomy and astrophysics forum.

The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Leeds, Alabama, USA
    Well that woman was clearly an armed and violent criminal, who took that moon pebble by force from a poor, defenseless, government hero!

Quarryville, PA
    Yep, they could have just sent her a nice letter explaining the law. She probably would have sent it back to NASA gift-wrapped with warm cookies. Another government over-reaction...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    , Virginia, USA

I hope NASA isn't reading this thread...I would hate for them to see my 'moon rock'!
    If their going for that much I should sell it!

I80, USA
    Moon rocks are illegal to own. Unless you are the original recipient. If I was given a moon rock by NASA, out would be illegal for my children to inherit it. Total BS, but true.

Posted using my HTC Evo