• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NASA sting terrifies woman, 74-year-old suspect who was terrified by armed officials.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/aerospace/ap-exclusive-nasa-sting-terrifies-woman-74/nFLmq/

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=nasa+sting 350 hits

Thomas Watkins said:
Curiously, though, Davis agreed to sell the sample to NASA for a stellar $1.7 million. She said she wanted to leave her three children an inheritance and take care of her sick son.

NASA investigators then arranged the sting, where Conley met with Davis and her current husband at the Denny's at Lake Elsinore in Riverside County.

Soon after settling into a booth, Davis said, she pulled out the moon sample and about half a dozen sheriff's deputies and NASA investigators rushed into the eatery.

When [armed] officers in flack vests took a hold of her, the 4-foot-11 woman said she was so scared she lost control of her bladder and was taken outside to a parking lot, where she was questioned and detained for about two hours.

"They grabbed me and pulled me out of the booth," Davis claimed. "I had very, very deep bruises on my left side."

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yep, they could have just sent her a nice letter explaining the law. She probably would have sent it back to NASA gift-wrapped with warm cookies. Another government over-reaction...

Toad

Founder's Club Member
I hope NASA isn't reading this thread...I would hate for them to see my 'moon rock'!
If their going for that much I should sell it!

Jack House

Moon rocks are illegal to own. Unless you are the original recipient. If I was given a moon rock by NASA, out would be illegal for my children to inherit it. Total BS, but true.

Posted using my HTC Evo