• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Department of Justice - CCW Applications Web Page

jpm84092

Received my updated Cert info from the Yellow Cat today. That was impossibly fast. Thank you Sir.

You are entirely welcome Sir. I hope you agree that the supplemental Cert is adequate to meet the (inserts swear word) requirements of the WI DOJ who are legislating through administrative authority in defiance of the will of the WI Legislature.

apjonas

I Feel Your Pain, However

I guess two can play this game. I will wait until April 15th to file income taxes if I owe this year and the check will be dated April 15th, 2012. And, I will send a little note saying "To the DOJ, I would have sent this earlier, but the law said......" I never used to think twice about getting my taxes done early whether I owed or not. Now I will.

1. DOJ does not process tax returns, DOR does. Sending your return to DOJ will cause you headaches.
2. It is no skin of DOJ's nose when you pay your taxes except they have the fun of prosecuting you if you don't.
3. April 15, 2012 falls on a Sunday so April 16 is probably the day you want to use.
4. Taunting the government is fun but not if you end up in a three hour line at the post office with the other last minute filers.

Why not get your taxes done as you usually do and spend the evening of 4/16 drinking your favorite beverage and watching a good old movie? You'll feel much better....for a few hours anyway.

HandyHamlet

I will never be able to unsee that.

:eek:

And I ain't never acclaimed to be an english schooler*.
:banghead:

*however I will always blame spell check.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

I will never be able to unsee that.

:eek:

And I ain't never acclaimed to be an english schooler*.
:banghead:

*however I will always blame spell check.

It was like a Wookie...that knew a barber; or needed one, I scared:eek::eek::eek: but I think I came up with my Halloween costume:banana:...

Outdoorsman1

affidavid regarding an out of state license holder.

Yea, I printed out one of those too..... The simplicity of the form was unreal...... I could have come up with that form in less than 5 minutes on the computer...

I wonder what took up the other 3 months, 30 days, 23 hoursand 55 minutes... oh yea.. must have been the "Exstensive Research" the DOT did to come up with the LAST MINUTE "Emergency Ruls"...

Just Sayin......

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
What is the reason?

Why is the DOJ refusing to make applications available? Why do we not already have them availble so we can have them filled out, paid, and sent in? Why is this act of passive agression on the DOJ's part being allowed?

Guess what JB, you no longer have my support after pulling this stunt.

E6chevron

Why is the DOJ refusing to make applications available? Why do we not already have them availble so we can have them filled out, paid, and sent in? Why is this act of passive agression on the DOJ's part being allowed?

Guess what JB, you no longer have my support after pulling this stunt.

I have been involved in projects similar to this for business and government. To have the software designed, programmed and tested, staff hired and trained, equipment sized, approved, purchased, installed and tested in less than 4 months is a very fast track.

All of this information has to be entered into databases, verified and then be available for inquiries and automatic checks to see if court cases or other activity has created a cause for a license to be revoked. It is not simply a matter of checking out paper forms and then filing by name in filing cabinets.

The DOJ doesn't have authority to do background checks, processing, rejections or issuing until Nov. 1, 2011. The Attorney General, HAS COMPLIED with all the date targets in ACT35.

Shouldn't we be happy about that?

Uplander

I have been involved in projects similar to this for business and government. To have the software designed, programmed and tested, staff hired and trained, equipment sized, approved, purchased, installed and tested in less than 4 months is a very fast track.

All of this information has to be entered into databases, verified and then be available for inquiries and automatic checks to see if court cases or other activity has created a cause for a license to be revoked. It is not simply a matter of checking out paper forms and then filing by name in filing cabinets.

The DOJ doesn't have authority to do background checks, processing, rejections or issuing until Nov. 1, 2011. The Attorney General, HAS COMPLIED with all the date targets in ACT35.

A very good, common sense post that is awash in truth.

BROKENSPROKET

The DOJ doesn't have authority The Attorney General, HAS COMPLIED with all the date targets in ACT35.

Amen, brother!!

I said that months ago, not taking into account the timelines for Admin. Rules, Emergency or not, and I got FLAMED. I personally am impressed. I was certain that the DOJ would be asking the courts for an extension, just like the GAB has in the past.

Thank you for pointing out that DOJ does not have the authority to process applications, do background checks, reject applications or issue CWL's until Nov. 1, 2011.

HandyHamlet

I have been involved in projects similar to this for business and government. [/B]

And that's why we are where we are today... You want it done right and in a timely manor? Some computer kid from jr High could pump this **** out in an afternoon.

I said that months ago, not taking into account the timelines for Admin. Rules, Emergency or not, and I got FLAMED.

Name
address
DL number
Have you ever been convicted...
Are you crazy
It's bad if you lie
Date
signature

Well, that took about 35 seconds...

:D

Last edited:

oak1971

Amen, brother!!

I said that months ago, not taking into account the timelines for Admin. Rules, Emergency or not, and I got FLAMED. I personally am impressed. I was certain that the DOJ would be asking the courts for an extension, just like the GAB has in the past.

Thank you for pointing out that DOJ does not have the authority to process applications, do background checks, reject applications or issue CWL's until Nov. 1, 2011.

Not a shocker, all those who would sell their freedom so cheaply would have a similar reaction. It's even worse, given you are cheerfully paying for your freedom to be taken.:banghead:

BROKENSPROKET

Not a shocker, all those who would sell their freedom so cheaply would have a similar reaction. It's even worse, given you are cheerfully paying for your freedom to be taken.:banghead:

The DOJ had nothing to do with what what to SB93 in the legislature. I am still pissed about what happened to SB93-2011 when it was kicked back to the JFC. I really wish that woud have happened on the Senate floor we could have had a record of who was responsible.

Anyone who would have wanted a permit for other states would have to pay anyway, so what your point?

You are banging your head, but the truth is ACT35-2011 puts us alot closer to freedom than we were previously.

I imagine you are one of those persons, after having your property tax bill cut in half, would still be completely and utterly flaming pi$$ed off that you were not completely absolved from any responsibility to pay taxes on property.