• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry rifle laws in SC?

Tweaker

I am in the process of moving to SC (still a VA resident). As I will be totally denied the 2nd amendment freedoms enshrined in both the state and federal constitutions until such time as SC sends me a CCW permit, I intend to carry a rifle with me on the occasion as I wish to be armed.

In VA, the only stipulation was that the rifle was unloaded. A quick search turned up nothing on topic in SC.

In regards to OC of handguns and a variety of other common enfringments, you folks in SC sure don't seem to have much of any activism to improve your state laws. Or is it just that the state legislature has been uninterested in expanding firearms freedoms here, in distinct divergence from the expansions the rest of the nation has enjoyed since I became an adult?

John Canuck

Welcome to the fight in SC. You won't find any activism like you would in VA but we are going to try to make a difference. Where are you moving to?

Tweaker

As near to CLT, NC as I can be without actually paying taxes in that libtarded defecation. Fort Mill to get specifical.

Any other groups besides Grass Roots SC worth a damn?

NRA ILA says, "The carrying of loaded rifles and shotguns may be limited...(hunting) and is prohibited at all times in certain designated areas." Vague.

The header says no permit is required to carry loaded rifles/shotguns, so I expect it is legal but for specific prohibitions. Now to find which these are...

Tweaker

That is like shooting yourself in the foot! Pitiful. I have concerns about BS like that down here. The treatment of Nikki Haley by the fat old repubeican establishment during her campaign was a similarly disgusting set of behaviors.

I love the south and I didn't come down here to "fix" it or tell people how "we done it up north" (because they are even more corrupt, esp. idealogically), but Cletus Roundbelly/Boss Hog types really smack of stubborn ignorance.

My theory about the denial of OC in SC is that it is primarily meant to prohibit "uppity negroes" from openly displaying arms. A crappy relic from the old democrat dominated Jim Crow and reconstruction era. Who knows. TX and FL also have no OC. I can't comprehend that either. I get so hot that a cover garment is a real hassle.

See you in the streets someday!

Mike

carsontech

Activist Member
My theory about the denial of OC in SC is that it is primarily meant to prohibit "uppity negroes" from openly displaying arms. A crappy relic from the old democrat dominated Jim Crow and reconstruction era.

That's my belief as well.

I'm in the process of creating a pamphlet to hand out, here in SC, about the racist roots of the concealed weapons permit and the racist roots of gun control.

Last edited:

Tweaker

That would be a big arse pamphlet! So much hypocrazy there. Today's (mis)understanding about the source of institutional racism as well as gun control has been completely reversed.

It is as if the book 1984 was a present day story. "Democrats hate negroes. Democrats love negroes. Democrats have always loved negroes." MLK and Lincoln are just the most egregious examples of the successful co-opting and propagandizement of the true history of things.

carsontech

Activist Member
The dems deemed their past too un-politically correct, so they rewrote there own history. Now incorrect and politically correct stuff is in the history books that children are being taught.

Last edited: