• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Costco Vancouver, wa.

purlrider

This is my first post so if this is redundant I apologize up front.

My One and I were in Costco Vancouver, wa the other day. About 15 minutes into the gig a manager and his assistant (I assume) came up to me and asked in a very polite manner if they could talk with me. He didn't get offensive, his voice was always low key( I am sure 1. not to annoy others of us and 2. if I got defensive and loud that would make me the bad guy). He asked if I were law enforcement (no) he said he assumed I had a concealed permit (yes). He informed us that Costco is a private club and their policy is no open carry in their store, but I could carry concealed. I replied " I looked for any posting that would tell me if there was a policy before entering". " that is not a requirement he said. So I took my shirt out of my pants and over the pistol (Ruger P345 Galco holster) and walked out of the store looking like I had a pistol shaped tumor on my right hip.

I am a newbie at this open carry thing. Normally when I know I am going someplace for the first time I check the internet for policies. This was an "oh yeah we need" moment. I believe in our rights to carry obviously. I also believe "they" have rights to make policies but it would be nice if they posted them.

Now if all of us that can open carry did, and all of us that can went to costco, and all of us walked out leaving a basket of revenue behind...I wonder if policy would change?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
whoops, this is a dupe thread...please delete this one mods. Thanks.

Last edited: