Thread: OCing at the Meadow event park?

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va

OCing at the Meadow event park?

Im going to the Richmond Highland Games and Celtic festival this weekend.Looked at the website for the medows and couldnt find anything about the carry of firearms.Anyone have any info on carrying there or where i could find it.
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000ydshooter View Post
    Im going to the Richmond Highland Games and Celtic festival this weekend.Looked at the website for the medows and couldnt find anything about the carry of firearms.Anyone have any info on carrying there or where i could find it.
    The Meadows Event Park is private property. They can and do restrict carry there.

Searching is a hassle, but there are several threads on this - some pertaining to the State Fair.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
    Thanks for the info. Ill look at the state fair grounds website. Guess ill not carry.I really need togo to pick up a few things and get info on competeing in highland games in the future.
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

From what I remember, the property owner had decided no weapons, firearms or knives, and they do check as you enter the gates.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

It's posted on the large sign as you walk in from the parking lot, just before the turnstiles. I was at the State Fair the last day it was open, arrived about 30 minutes after it opened, no lines to get in and no one searching anyone at that time. But the sign does say you can't carry there.