• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colleges In Arizona Arn't As Liberal As You Think About Guns.....

Grimes

I'm a student at Northern Arizona University and I am enrolled in a military history course. We had a guest presentation from the Fort Tuthill museum to talk about Arizona military history. They brought some guns with them to show off. All of the class thought they were interesting and they even let us touch and hold them. They brought a Trapdoor Springfield, 1860 Colt Army, sporterized Krag, Japanese T99 Arisaka, and a M1 Garand.

After class, they needed some help carrying it all out to their car. I and a few other students asked if they needed help, and each of us got a rifle to carry. The looks from fellow students as we made our way from the History building to the parking lot were priceless.

GWbiker

I'm a student at Northern Arizona University and I am enrolled in a military history course. We had a guest presentation from the Fort Tuthill museum to talk about Arizona military history. They brought some guns with them to show off. All of the class thought they were interesting and they even let us touch and hold them. They brought a Trapdoor Springfield, 1860 Colt Army, sporterized Krag, Japanese T99 Arisaka, and a M1 Garand.

After class, they needed some help carrying it all out to their car. I and a few other students asked if they needed help, and each of us got a rifle to carry. The looks from fellow students as we made our way from the History building to the parking lot were priceless.

OMG, I heard about that. Soccer moms ran screaming, there were frantic calls to 911, SWAT team called out, children were traumatized at sight of firearms...........oh wait.

This happened in Arizona. Never mind, my bad!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
That's pretty cool. Are students allowed to carry on your campus?

Gw, you couldn't have heard about it. Everyone was killed in a blaze of gunfire during the Wild West shootout that ensued...

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Too bad they didn't include a Mosin Nagant or two, the bayonet attached would have made them faint!

Lots of historic arms there, nice!

You mean like this? :D

ad494d13-1028-f8d7.jpg

JesseL

I've got a friend in the Yavapai College School of Gunsmithing, and got to check out the school once. It's separate from the main campus and right next to Ruger's factory.

"Officially" all the students are supposed to comply with Yavapai College's firearms policy and everything brought in is supposed to be limited to what's needed for class and unloaded. In reality virtually every student was walking around open carrying a loaded pistol or revolver while doing their class work.

acmariner99

I also go to school in Prescott -- ERAU, and I have to say, I think there are more guns on campus than students (a large ROTC detachment may have something to do with that). I have my holster on every day and no one says anything. I have even heard stories of a student riding his bike with a Mosin Nagant on his back -- security caught him, but just told him to take it off campus. Officially we have "rules," but unoffically as long we aren't flamboyant or irresponsible (keep them locked up and out of sight), no one makes a big deal about it.