Thread: Green Bay area taverns ponder concealed carry ban - Some Bars may allow weapons

Green Bay area taverns ponder concealed carry ban - Some Bars may allow weapons

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

isnt there a law on consuming while carrying? not that anyone would know until you had police contact, but still. OH boy, I can see some messy things comin up, but great for the security industry
    When seconds count between life and death the police are only minutes away - Philip Van Cleave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgLEGibyXs The Right of the People to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    isnt there a law on consuming while carrying? not that anyone would know until you had police contact, but still. OH boy, I can see some messy things comin up, but great for the security industry
    YES, in act 35 it's perfectly legal to ccw in a tavern but NO drinking alcohol >> 0 BAC ... so bars will make a killing on Soda sales $1.00 or more on something that cost them .05 cents from the soda gun...Soda is pure profit, they make more on Soda than they do on alcohol sales...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 10-25-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    YES, in act 35 it's perfectly legal to ccw in a tavern but NO drinking alcohol >> 0 BAC ... so bars will make a killing on Soda sales $1.00 or more on something that cost them .05 cents from the soda gun...Soda is pure profit, they make more on Soda than they do on alcohol sales...
    ...not to mention, not having to clean as many "chunks" out of the urinals
    Attachment 7206
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    Depends.

If I oc with permission, I can drink. If I oc or cc without permission (using my permit) I can't.

No matter what, there is the 'materially impaired while having a gun' law.

Having a beer or two is legal.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Having a beer or two is legal.
    Standard drinks have the same amounts of alcohol, ~0.6 floz alcohol in 12 floz beer, 5 floz wine and 1.5 floz 80 proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Standard drinks have the same amounts of alcohol, ~0.6 floz alcohol in 12 floz beer, 5 floz wine and 1.5 floz 80 proof.
    Thanks?

OK, a beer or two, a shot or two, a glass of wine or two.

"Only concealed carry permit holders are allowed to carry weapons into bars or taverns."

Lie.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    "Only concealed carry permit holders are allowed to carry weapons into bars or taverns."

Lie.
    Not really, right? You need special permission from the property owner to enter in OC mode. So it's not really "allowed" by default.

I could be wrong.... it's happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Not really, right? You need special permission from the property owner to enter in OC mode. So it's not really "allowed" by default.

I could be wrong.... it's happened before.
    If you have a permit, you can carry openly or concealed in a place that serves alcohol, or as you said, if you get permission from the owner/manger, you can carry openly.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If you have a permit, you can carry openly or concealed in a place that serves alcohol, or as you said, if you get permission from the owner/manger, you can carry openly.
    Ok I think I get it now. If you have a permit you can concealed or open carry with out permission provided the establishment is not posted.

If you do not have a permit you can open carry only with permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Ok I think I get it now. If you have a permit you can concealed or open carry with out permission provided the establishment is not posted.

If you do not have a permit you can open carry only with permission.
    Correct. One more caveat though, even if you have a permit, you can still get permission to carry in there. That way, if a police officer cannot demand to see ID, plus you are far less likely to get kicked out since you have permission to be there in the first place.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Correct. One more caveat though, even if you have a permit, you can still get permission to carry in there. That way, if a police officer cannot demand to see ID, plus you are far less likely to get kicked out since you have permission to be there in the first place.
    If you get permission, I would make sure to leave your permit in the car and make sure to OC.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    I have bartended at a few bars and only a very few brands of fountain pop were used and they were only used for mixed drinks. When someone orders that soda and the got an aluminum can.