• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like another state will recognize our permit - Wisconsin.

larch

Right. But it is not accurate to say that Arizona has no training requirement for their permit.

Rich, I never said AZ has "no training requirement". I said there was no "additional training required". I said this assuming people reading this board have a CT permit. Your CT permit and the NRA course required to get your CT permit satifies AZ's requirements to get a permit from AZ, hence, no additional training required. This is unlike UT who requires you to take a UT specific class to get their non-resident permit even if you have a permit in your home state.

Last edited:

mrjam2jab

Rich, I never said AZ has "no training requirement". I said there was no "additional training required". I said this assuming people reading this board have a CT permit. Your CT permit OR the NRA course required to get your CT permit satifies AZ's requirements to get a permit from AZ, hence, no additional training required. This is unlike UT who requires you to take a UT specific class to get their non-resident permit even if you have a permit in your home state.

Fixed that for you. :cool:

dcmdon

Is this not true?

A couple of years ago, I got a UT and FL license. After the fact I did a comparison and found that the UT only got me a couple of states that FL did not. And UT did not get me FL, which is significant.

Don't hold me to it, but I believe that if things have not changed since I got my licenses, FL is the way to go. Its about $120 for 7 years but gets you the most states along the east coast that you are likely to encounter.

The thing is FL doesn't honor other states' non-resident permits. So a FL permit is the most useful if you live in the northeast and may visit FL.

I'm going to pass on my NH renewal since I can legally carry openly in NH and they've raised their fee from somewhere around $25 to over $100.

So for my dollar, its going to be FL only, and maybe RI, I'm hoping I can get one there since I'm now a FFL and have an interest in some R/E there.

Either way, it was nice to be able to carry. My wife did a Half Ironman in Sept. With my FL permit I was able to legally carry in PA, where we were staying, and in DE where the race was. I stowed everything in compliance with FOPA for the trip through NY and NJ, but other than that all was good.

Don

Tactical9mm

Don,

The pistol license for New Hampshire non-residents is $100. OC is legal without a license here, however loaded OC in a motor-vehicle does require a license. You also have the option of unloaded CC being legal here without license.

This is all likely soon moot as constitutional carry is about to pass. When this happens, loaded CC/OC inside/outside of a motor vehicle should be legal with no permission required from the State, as it should be.

Good luck.

dcmdon

Don,

The pistol license for New Hampshire non-residents is $100. OC is legal without a license here, however loaded OC in a motor-vehicle does require a license. You also have the option of unloaded CC being legal here without license.

This is all likely soon moot as constitutional carry is about to pass. When this happens, loaded CC/OC inside/outside of a motor vehicle should be legal with no permission required from the State, as it should be.

Good luck.

I thought the constitutional carrry law got mired up in details and never made it to the floor last session. Is there something new?

KIX

Do any of the constitutional carry states so far have caveats in the legislation that state "residents only" or are they all open?

Just curious.

I actually plan vacations where I don't have to give up my rights, silly, I know........

Jonathan

mrjam2jab

I thought the constitutional carrry law got mired up in details and never made it to the floor last session. Is there something new?

Yes it did....and yes there is a new one... HB 0536...hopefully NRA keeps there fingers out of this one.

Do any of the constitutional carry states so far have caveats in the legislation that state "residents only" or are they all open?

Just curious.

I actually plan vacations where I don't have to give up my rights, silly, I know........

Jonathan

Yes...WY is Con-Carry for residents only.