Thread: TSA misses loaded gun in bag at LAX

TSA misses loaded gun in bag at LAX

So I posted last week regarding the new airport chat-downs. There is another thread on here about the TSA setting up roadblocks. My question is WHY? They can't even handle what they are supposed to be doing.

http://usat.ly/rpnYn5
    Last edited by thebigsd; 10-24-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

The Transportation Security Administration screens for firearms in carry-on bags, but it is not its responsibility to do so with checked luggage, TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers tells the news organization.
    But the head of a union representing police officers assigned to LAX says the federal agency should do more.
    "Local law enforcement needs to know that TSA is doing their part," union representative Marshall McClain tells the Times.
    So the union guy wants TSA to do more. maybe because that will mean more union workers, which meand more union dues, which maybe he thinks would result in his union dues being reduced?

And he wants LEA to know that TSA is doing their job when apparently they are doing their job (regardless of how useless and wasteful of resources that job might be). Someone needs duct tape and I think it is me. Someone else needs a brain and I think it is Marshall McClain.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Ah, I see what they're doing...the police are blaming TSA and vice versa.

Here is another article.

"TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the bag was screened for explosives and nothing was found. She said that agents screen for guns on carry-on luggage, but it does not bother to try to detect weapons in checked luggage since passengers do not have access to them."

I guess bullets don't contain explosive material like gunpowder....
    Last edited by thebigsd; 10-24-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I guess bullets don't contain explosive material like gunpowder....
    And neither do cartridges because smokeless gun powder is a propellant.

Deflagrant?
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

They were too busy looking for vibrators.
    http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/10/tsa-vibrator/

Interesting that they are not releasing the gun-owners name, and that he was allowed to continue on in his planned flight.

My guess is he is some well-connected big-whig, and TSA didn't want to step on any toes by applying the law equally to the super rich that they apply to us plebes. If I remember correctly, being in possession of a concealed, loaded firearm in CA without a permit is an arrestable offense...

I'd be interested to know the name, occupation, political affiliation and net worth of this "violator"...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 10-30-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964