• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSA misses loaded gun in bag at LAX

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
So I posted last week regarding the new airport chat-downs. There is another thread on here about the TSA setting up roadblocks. My question is WHY? They can't even handle what they are supposed to be doing.

http://usat.ly/rpnYn5

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The Transportation Security Administration screens for firearms in carry-on bags, but it is not its responsibility to do so with checked luggage, TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers tells the news organization.
But the head of a union representing police officers assigned to LAX says the federal agency should do more.
"Local law enforcement needs to know that TSA is doing their part," union representative Marshall McClain tells the Times.

So the union guy wants TSA to do more. maybe because that will mean more union workers, which meand more union dues, which maybe he thinks would result in his union dues being reduced?

And he wants LEA to know that TSA is doing their job when apparently they are doing their job (regardless of how useless and wasteful of resources that job might be).:confused: Someone needs duct tape and I think it is me. Someone else needs a brain and I think it is Marshall McClain.

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Ah, I see what they're doing...the police are blaming TSA and vice versa.

Here is another article.

"TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said the bag was screened for explosives and nothing was found. She said that agents screen for guns on carry-on luggage, but it does not bother to try to detect weapons in checked luggage since passengers do not have access to them."

I guess bullets don't contain explosive material like gunpowder....

Last edited:

jeeper1

I guess bullets don't contain explosive material like gunpowder....
And neither do cartridges because smokeless gun powder is a propellant.

Dreamer

Interesting that they are not releasing the gun-owners name, and that he was allowed to continue on in his planned flight.

My guess is he is some well-connected big-whig, and TSA didn't want to step on any toes by applying the law equally to the super rich that they apply to us plebes. If I remember correctly, being in possession of a concealed, loaded firearm in CA without a permit is an arrestable offense...

I'd be interested to know the name, occupation, political affiliation and net worth of this "violator"...

Last edited: