• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To Maine residents who support open carry.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VCDL started with a handful of solid people and today is the poster boy for such grassroots organizations.

Members take various rolls - some are daily activists, some quiet and unassuming but they OC when and where they can, others jump in with funds when needed. Bottom line is that they contribute in there own way within their ability to do so - diversity of abilities makes for a great organization.

Last edited:

Butch00

I am in Maine now for the winter, but cannot join your organization.
I believe a Law that violates the Constitution is not a Law....Marbury V. Madison.
Also under the Maine Constitution....Your right to bear arms shall never be questioned.
I do not get ANY licenses or permits because that puts you in a commercial venue.
You go into a State court and you are in an international CONTRACT court.
I fight my battles with the State Corporation with commercial process.
Also by becoming a 501c4 you consent to be regulated by the State Corporation,
when they have no authority over you without consent.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Do you support opencarry and do you support what the few are trying to do for the many? YES/NO ???
please reply.

Thank You, John

1. Come on opencarry.org

2. Start thread asking if people here support open carry...

3. lolwut?

I think if anyone is at a loss it is me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head on over to the I love cooking.com website forums and ask if they like to cook.... o_O

jonjon_jon

1. Come on opencarry.org

2. Start thread asking if people here support open carry...

3. lolwut?

I think if anyone is at a loss it is me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head on over to the I love cooking.com website forums and ask if they like to cook.... o_O

The point of this post was to see if the views we recieve are from Maine residents that's why I asked people like yourself not to reply.

Last edited:

carry for myself

jon. just an observation. everyone here on the Maine form cares about open carry. if we didnt . we would not be here.

however there are not many of us. and those who are very active do the best we can.

but taking the approach of jumping down the throats of Maine OCers in regard to membership, activity , donations and quizzing on how much they care.......doesnt really send a friendly message.

now i know you want to try to help get MOCA off the ground. but speed is not always the best answer. speed causes people to pledge time and money, that they may not have. it tends to force peoples hands, minds and opinons rather than slowly move them.

i see that you care. but i do honestly believe your pushing people a bit too hard.

jonjon_jon

jon. just an observation. everyone here on the Maine form cares about open carry. if we didnt . we would not be here.

however there are not many of us. and those who are very active do the best we can.

but taking the approach of jumping down the throats of Maine OCers in regard to membership, activity , donations and quizzing on how much they care.......doesnt really send a friendly message.

now i know you want to try to help get MOCA off the ground. but speed is not always the best answer. speed causes people to pledge time and money, that they may not have. it tends to force peoples hands, minds and opinons rather than slowly move them.

i see that you care. but i do honestly believe your pushing people a bit too hard.

Okay message heard.