• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie inbound from GA.

mcgoo26

Figured I'd drop a line and say "Hi". As the title states, my family and I will be heading to Tucson area in the beginning of December. I'm look forward to the move and am glad to see that there aren't too many differences between Ga and Az laws (at least so far from what I can tell). If there is anything I am over looking, please let me know. Other than that, I have had my Georgia Weapons Carry License for about nine months now, and as of recently I have gotten more in to OC. I have an XD-9 that I bought in April and I haven't had any issues with it. Anyhow, just thought I'd say hey and what not, hope to catch a few of you in the feature.

acmariner99

Early Welcome to Arizona. You don't need your GA permit to carry here in Arizona - openly or concealed. Your permit will allow you to carry in restaurants that have alcohol for on premises consumption -- (carry concealed, don't drink, no signage). Other than that, there really aren't any other caveats to Arizona law.

mcgoo26

Georgia has constitutional carry? :p

Welcome to Tucson in advance. What part of town you guys looking to move to?

Still trying to figure that one out. My wife has family in the area, so who knows. Could end up living next door to my sister-in-law. :shocker:

mcgoo26

Early Welcome to Arizona. You don't need your GA permit to carry here in Arizona - openly or concealed. Your permit will allow you to carry in restaurants that have alcohol for on premises consumption -- (carry concealed, don't drink, no signage). Other than that, there really aren't any other caveats to Arizona law.

Thats what I had noticed when I was looking at info. Seems cut and dry and not too much different then GA gun laws.