• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys for tots

TyGuy

Lst year i participated in an OC toy drive for toys for tots. Perhaps WI carry would like to host an OC/CC toy drive this year? It's a good way to educate the public while helping a good cause. I heard anews report last night saying that the economy has resulted in a larger need for toy donations.

Thoughts?

jpm84092

I would make a financial donation form afar. (Somehow, I do not think the USMC would like me to donate a Model 1911 to a child. McX on the other hand would rush to sign up.)

TyGuy

I'd drive up to Madison. I'm a fib myself. As far as the 1911, that could be a raffle prize, with the proceeds benefiting Toys For Tots. Last time we had several uniformed Marines there collecting.

M

McX

I would make a financial donation form afar. (Somehow, I do not think the USMC would like me to donate a Model 1911 to a child. McX on the other hand would rush to sign up.)

i beg your chardonay, i resemble that remark.

jpm84092

I am a strong supporter of Toys for Tots. Indeed, if your idea goes forward, I would send my yearly check to them through WI Carry. (My banter with McX was just that - banter. I know the USMC does not want me to donate a Model 1911 - they want child-toys or a check.)

Yellow Cat Out -