Thread: Toys for tots

Toys for tots

Lst year i participated in an OC toy drive for toys for tots. Perhaps WI carry would like to host an OC/CC toy drive this year? It's a good way to educate the public while helping a good cause. I heard anews report last night saying that the economy has resulted in a larger need for toy donations.

Thoughts?

I could be interested in something like that in Madison area.
    Last edited by GlockRDH; 10-24-2011 at 09:53 PM.

I would make a financial donation form afar. (Somehow, I do not think the USMC would like me to donate a Model 1911 to a child. McX on the other hand would rush to sign up.)
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I'd drive up to Madison. I'm a fib myself. As far as the 1911, that could be a raffle prize, with the proceeds benefiting Toys For Tots. Last time we had several uniformed Marines there collecting.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I would make a financial donation form afar. (Somehow, I do not think the USMC would like me to donate a Model 1911 to a child. McX on the other hand would rush to sign up.)
    i beg your chardonay, i resemble that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i beg your chardonay, i resemble that remark.
    Wouldn't that make it a Toys for Pop's event???
    Attachment 7204
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Cool

No serious interest? That's ok, it was just an idea.

I am a strong supporter of Toys for Tots. Indeed, if your idea goes forward, I would send my yearly check to them through WI Carry. (My banter with McX was just that - banter. I know the USMC does not want me to donate a Model 1911 - they want child-toys or a check.)

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.