Thread: Bumper Sticker Opinions Please

Bumper Sticker Opinions Please

I was going down the road yesterday and all the sudden I started wondering...lol, go figure. I picked up a couple of Firearm Related Bumper Stickers at the last Greensboro Gun Show and I'm curious about something.

If I were to pick up one of my kids from school, would my (2) Firearm Bumper Stickers be enough reason for a LEO to search my vehicle thinking that I might be carrying on school grounds? I am not saying that I carry on school grounds and this hasn't happened to me. Just a "What If" question.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

It would not be probable cause for a search.

It would be the same if there was a state ballot imitative in your state to legalize medical marijuana and you had a bumper sticker in support if that ballot initiative. That would not be probable cause to search your car for marijuana.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Bumper stickers are a protected form of exercise of the First Amendment, and as such, may NOT be used as an excuse for RAS or PC.

Any LEA that condones such a practice should VERY quickly find themselves the target of a Federal 1983 Civil Rights Violation lawsuit.

Put whatever stickers and magnets you want on your vehicle and carry on.

If you get messed with by LE, you will at the very least, get the first year of your child's college paid for, and probably a little more in the inevitable settlement...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I agree with the above info... stay legal and you have nothing to hide....

A little off topic but some say that any form of "showing" that you might be carrying or have a firearm in your vehicle or home is an open invatation for a BG to try and rob you whenever you are not there to protect whats yours. I have heard this said about bumper stickers, tee shirts, hats, window signs, ect. Some prefer not to advertize that they are even firearm friendly. I personally think it would give a BG cause to think twice before messing with you...

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    I agree with the above info... stay legal and you have nothing to hide....

A little off topic but some say that any form of "showing" that you might be carrying or have a firearm in your vehicle or home is an open invatation for a BG to try and rob you whenever you are not there to protect whats yours. I have heard this said about bumper stickers, tee shirts, hats, window signs, ect. Some prefer not to advertize that they are even firearm friendly. I personally think it would give a BG cause to think twice before messing with you...

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1
    It does cause them to think twice. And the people that say otherwise are usually the Anti's, who have unfortunately caused the same fear to spread through to some that do support carrying. There are exceptions though, huge anti-gun idiots.. Every single week, there's a few vehicles in my parking lot that get egged, and end up having a window smashed in... nobody has ever touched my bike, and it sits right between them. Every two weeks or so, there's somebody that get's broken into in my apartment complex.. nobody has ever attempted the same with my apartment. Everybody that lives here knows that I carry.

David
    Last edited by ArmySoldier22; 10-25-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Th eonly time my vehicle has been targeted for harassment because of pro-gun stickers was about 2 weeks ago shortly after I moved to MD. My car was parked in the parking lot of Giant in Clarksvile MD as me and my sweetie were grocery shopping. I had a Guns Save Lives magnet and a VCDL magnet on the hatch.

When we came back out to the car, my "GSL" magnet was gone, and one of my tires had all the air let out of it...

Gotta love that "Northern Hospitality"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Thank yall for the posts... I have worried just a touch about an Anti defacing my F350 because of one of the 3 stickers I have(mostly the Anti-Obama one) but knock on wood nothing yet. My 2 firearm related ones are "What part of "Shall not infringe" do you not understand" & "A gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone". I get alot of compliments on them, but as I said the thought popped in my head and I thought I would ask about it. Thanks.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier22 View Post
    It does cause them to think twice. And the people that say otherwise are usually the Anti's, who have unfortunately caused the same fear to spread through to some that do support carrying. There are exceptions though, huge anti-gun idiots.. Every single week, there's a few vehicles in my parking lot that get egged, and end up having a window smashed in... nobody has ever touched my bike, and it sits right between them. Every two weeks or so, there's somebody that get's broken into in my apartment complex.. nobody has ever attempted the same with my apartment. Everybody that lives here knows that I carry.
    David
    Actually I was refering more to people that actually carry firearms and do not want to bring attentioin to that fact....

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...t-thought.html

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Yeah - I saw in another forum (might have been glocktalk, I don't remember) a rather active user who had as his signature "Always carry - NEVER tell!" and I thought to myself, "WTH?"

If someone doesn't like OC, fine. Its their right to choose their method of carry. I just don't understand the mentality of the folks who are so super-secretive that they don't want anyone to ever know that they even OWN a gun, let alone carry one.

EDIT: Anybody notice on the above linked thread that some of the people with the "heck no! I would never want to put a gun sticker on my car!" attitude have in their forum signatures a complete list of the manufacturer & model of every firearm they own? LOL...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruger; 10-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    Carry on!

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    I've long wanted to add a sticker that says "This truck protected by Crosshair Surveillance LLC". I know it would keep me about 20 feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by Large Caliber Kick View Post
    I've long wanted to add a sticker that says "This truck protected by Crosshair Surveillance LLC". I know it would keep me about 20 feet away.
    How many car-breaking-into thugs would understand that?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1
    I'm in agreement with you on this matter, and, one of the foremost handgunners in the nation, Massad Ayoob, is too.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...ncealed-carry/
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 10-28-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: edited to add link
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired