• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bumper Sticker Opinions Please

smlawrence

I was going down the road yesterday and all the sudden I started wondering...lol, go figure. I picked up a couple of Firearm Related Bumper Stickers at the last Greensboro Gun Show and I'm curious about something.

If I were to pick up one of my kids from school, would my (2) Firearm Bumper Stickers be enough reason for a LEO to search my vehicle thinking that I might be carrying on school grounds? I am not saying that I carry on school grounds and this hasn't happened to me. Just a "What If" question.

Phoenix David

It would not be probable cause for a search.

It would be the same if there was a state ballot imitative in your state to legalize medical marijuana and you had a bumper sticker in support if that ballot initiative. That would not be probable cause to search your car for marijuana.

Dreamer

Bumper stickers are a protected form of exercise of the First Amendment, and as such, may NOT be used as an excuse for RAS or PC.

Any LEA that condones such a practice should VERY quickly find themselves the target of a Federal 1983 Civil Rights Violation lawsuit.

Put whatever stickers and magnets you want on your vehicle and carry on.

If you get messed with by LE, you will at the very least, get the first year of your child's college paid for, and probably a little more in the inevitable settlement...

Outdoorsman1

I agree with the above info... stay legal and you have nothing to hide....

A little off topic but some say that any form of "showing" that you might be carrying or have a firearm in your vehicle or home is an open invatation for a BG to try and rob you whenever you are not there to protect whats yours. I have heard this said about bumper stickers, tee shirts, hats, window signs, ect. Some prefer not to advertize that they are even firearm friendly. I personally think it would give a BG cause to think twice before messing with you...

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1

ArmySoldier22

I agree with the above info... stay legal and you have nothing to hide....

A little off topic but some say that any form of "showing" that you might be carrying or have a firearm in your vehicle or home is an open invatation for a BG to try and rob you whenever you are not there to protect whats yours. I have heard this said about bumper stickers, tee shirts, hats, window signs, ect. Some prefer not to advertize that they are even firearm friendly. I personally think it would give a BG cause to think twice before messing with you...

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1

It does cause them to think twice. And the people that say otherwise are usually the Anti's, who have unfortunately caused the same fear to spread through to some that do support carrying. There are exceptions though, huge anti-gun idiots.. Every single week, there's a few vehicles in my parking lot that get egged, and end up having a window smashed in... nobody has ever touched my bike, and it sits right between them. Every two weeks or so, there's somebody that get's broken into in my apartment complex.. nobody has ever attempted the same with my apartment. Everybody that lives here knows that I carry.

David

Last edited:

Dreamer

Th eonly time my vehicle has been targeted for harassment because of pro-gun stickers was about 2 weeks ago shortly after I moved to MD. My car was parked in the parking lot of Giant in Clarksvile MD as me and my sweetie were grocery shopping. I had a Guns Save Lives magnet and a VCDL magnet on the hatch.

When we came back out to the car, my "GSL" magnet was gone, and one of my tires had all the air let out of it...

Gotta love that "Northern Hospitality"...

smlawrence

Thank yall for the posts... I have worried just a touch about an Anti defacing my F350 because of one of the 3 stickers I have(mostly the Anti-Obama one) but knock on wood nothing yet. My 2 firearm related ones are "What part of "Shall not infringe" do you not understand" & "A gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone". I get alot of compliments on them, but as I said the thought popped in my head and I thought I would ask about it. Thanks.

Outdoorsman1

It does cause them to think twice. And the people that say otherwise are usually the Anti's, who have unfortunately caused the same fear to spread through to some that do support carrying. There are exceptions though, huge anti-gun idiots.. Every single week, there's a few vehicles in my parking lot that get egged, and end up having a window smashed in... nobody has ever touched my bike, and it sits right between them. Every two weeks or so, there's somebody that get's broken into in my apartment complex.. nobody has ever attempted the same with my apartment. Everybody that lives here knows that I carry.
David

Actually I was refering more to people that actually carry firearms and do not want to bring attentioin to that fact....

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/186652-sig-sauer-sticker-truck-morning-my-first-thought.html

Outdoorsman1

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Yeah - I saw in another forum (might have been glocktalk, I don't remember) a rather active user who had as his signature "Always carry - NEVER tell!" and I thought to myself, "WTH?"

If someone doesn't like OC, fine. Its their right to choose their method of carry. I just don't understand the mentality of the folks who are so super-secretive that they don't want anyone to ever know that they even OWN a gun, let alone carry one.

EDIT: Anybody notice on the above linked thread that some of the people with the "heck no! I would never want to put a gun sticker on my car!" attitude have in their forum signatures a complete list of the manufacturer & model of every firearm they own? LOL... :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MilProGuy

Just my $0.02

Outdoorsman1

I'm in agreement with you on this matter, and, one of the foremost handgunners in the nation, Massad Ayoob, is too.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/exclusives/10-commandments-of-concealed-carry/

Last edited: