• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

got a quick little question here

righttobarearms

so, i just turned 18 had my brother who is 31 buy me a taurus pt840 ( love the gun) also he has his concealed carry permit . is there a problem with me open carrying that gun? also my girlfriend is 17 turns 18 in 6 months.i talked to the police officer at my school and said it was fine to have the gun in the car with her but of course i know to have it in the glove box. he also said it could get me in trouble with a "bad" cop her being 17 and me being 18 with a gun in her car not mine. he said something along the lines of it being something intro to a miner. correct me if im wrong with anything.

so my questions are
1) can i carry the gun my brother buys for me?
2) what , (if any) kind of trouble can i get into while having my gun in my girlfriends car who is 17?

please and thank you for your help