• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What goes around comes around - Bloomber's finest charged with gunrunning

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
[h=1]http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2...of-smuggling-guns-in-federal-corruption-case/
8 Officers Charged With Gun Trafficking in U.S. Corruption Case[/h]By WILLIAM K. RASHBAUMEight current and former New York Police Department officers were arrested early Tuesday on federal charges including gun trafficking and conspiracy to smuggle cigarettes, according to people briefed on the case.
The charges allege that the officers — five are still on the force and three are retired — were involved in illegally transporting more than a dozen handguns as well as M-16 assault rifles and shotguns and a variety of stolen property, the people briefed on the case said. The officers, along with a former New Jersey correction officer and three civilians, were arrested at their homes before sunrise by agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and investigators from the Police Department’s Internal Affairs Bureau, the people said.

I wonder if Bloomber is having a stroke yet.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Let the irony begin.

stay safe.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Oh my! I hope legal and logical connections are found with F&F and with the out of state straw purchases.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I thought all the illegal guns in New York came from gun shop/shows in Virginia........who said that????? Oh, I remember- Bloomberg.

Last edited:

hermannr

And this come right after the revolation that NYPD was planting narcotics on innocent people so they could fill their "quota" of drug busts...I think NYPD is black and blue in the eye, not just blue