Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you people waiting for? AB237 is POLICE STATE BS. Get moving...

Check out AB237

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201...roposals/ab237

Oh the hipocrisy. Noone here has come out detesting this bill, but you flame AB246, SB131.

With this bill, persons can be arrested for non-criminal violations.

McX
    somehow with overcrowded jails, i doubt an arrest would be made, though many criminals never pay their civil forfeitures anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    somehow with overcrowded jails, i doubt an arrest would be made, though many criminals never pay their civil forfeitures anyway.
    A civil forfeiture is not criminal. With this bill, you can be arrested for speeding, not wearing you seat belt, etc............

It appears that WisEYE did not cover this so we cannot watch the public hearing on it. The Excutive Session on this is tommorrow.

Fast Tracked and Under the Radar.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201...roposals/ab237

Oh the hipocrisy. Noone here has come out detesting this bill, but you flame AB246, SB131.

With this bill, persons can be arrested for non-criminal violations.
    So if this bill passes you can be arrested for open carry in or on a vehicle....instead of just getting a fine for violation of 167.31. At least until 1NOV2011.

As for detesting another ignorant bill some of us don't hang out on the docs.legis.wisconsin.gov website but do look at it when someone brings to light another stupid move by our state legislators.

Thank you for shining the light on another ignorant bill!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    So if this bill passes you can be arrested for open carry in or on a vehicle....instead of just getting a fine for violation of 167.31. At least until 1NOV2011.

As for detesting another ignorant bill some of us don't hang out on the docs.legis.wisconsin.gov website but do look at it when someone brings to light another stupid move by our state legislators.

Thank you for shining the light on another ignorant bill!
    With Ab237, you can be arrested for any civil forteture.

I am not a Constitutional expert, but wouldn't this violate the 4th Ammendment?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I just emailed my Assemblymen.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I just emailed my Assemblymen.
    I am waiting to do that until others weigh in on the Constitutionality. I need that to help me putting my message together.

My assemblyman is a former LEO and an sponsor of the bill.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 10-24-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I am waiting to do that until others weigh in on the Constitutionality. I need that to help me putting my message together.

My assemblyman is a former LEO and an sponsor of the bill.

Ahhhh....

I just told them that I didn't like it and thought it was an over expansion of powers considering a some firearm stuff is now going to be a forfeiture.

I contacted my Assemblyman (Farrow) what the intent of this bill was for.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Illegals

And I'll bet they will never touch an illegal (alien, immigrant).
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    And I'll bet they will never touch an illegal (alien, immigrant).
    & theres alot of those in Trempealeau County. Even in the recession, there is a labor vaccuum here drawing in illegals. I am not being racist, I was freinds with some of them.

If you are arrested for a civil forfeiture, you get fingerprinted, and it goes on your Criminal Arrest record with the WI DOJ-CIB.

Unless it is dropped or you found not guilty, it stays there FOREVER.

Herr Heckler Koch
    I copied it to a reporter. Just think what will happen to #Occupy Bayfield if'n when this passes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Then they are quasi fugatives. Where I come from, you don't pay a fine in the allowable time, an active warrant is issued for your arrest. And they do come looking for you.

I just watched the public hearing. This bill is in response MKEgals experience to eliminate the risk of lawsuit for violating someone's civil rights.

http://www.wiseye.org/videoplayer/vp.html?sid=7103

Testimony starts at about 53:20

I watched it also, I kept hearing an underlying we don't want to get sued. This bill would effectively put an end to any kind of civil rights suits. Hmm yeah wonder why the Police want it passed so bad. Gives them free reign to do as they please with even more latitude.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 10-25-2011 at 01:26 AM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

I can't believe there isn't an uproar over this... This is blatant. It gives the cops the right to arrest you for civil forfeiture. Put you in jail. Gives you a permanent record. Arrested for you grass not cut in a manner that satisfies the municipality. Arrested for jay walking. Arrested for speeding. etc. This is POLICE STATE BS. THINK. Use the brain God gave you to reason...

Arrrrggh...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I watched it also, I kept hearing an underlying we don't want to get sued. This bill would effectively put an end to any kind of civil rights suits. Hmm yeah wonder why the Police want it passed so bad. Gives them free reign to do as they please with even more latitude.
    Exactly, and it is being fast tracked. Public hearing was last Friday. Executive session is this Tuesday. It could hit the Assembly floor before the end of the week.

We need to stop this bill, NOW.

If there is a big problem with unpaid civil forfeitures, couldn't that be handled under the current system, by issuing warrants for those with old, and/or large unpaid dollar amounts?
    Last edited by E6chevron; 10-25-2011 at 03:15 AM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

This is absolutely outrageous! The goons in government make me SICK. This needs to be stopped immediately. This kind of BS is the reason I say: Next election, let fire EVERYONE. Send the bastid's home and unemployed.

I don't have the words to express how flaming mad I am about this.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    If there is a big problem with unpaid civil forfeitures, couldn't that be handled under the current system, by issuing warrants for those with old, and/or large unpaid dollar amounts?
    In my county, a warrant is issued for deliquent payments on fines and forfeitures. You are first given a fair chance to pay them and if you don't, they are coming for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    ... Arrested for you grass not cut in a manner that satisfies the municipality. Arrested for jay walking. Arrested for speeding...

That is what I got from the video.

Not only will you be fined if your dog escapes but you will be arrested and could face jail time. That is one example Ass Chief C*ckbreath tried to slip under the radar anyway.

Basically every fine is now an arrest. The end and go straight to jail.

So... arrested for a parking ticket? Arrested for expired plates? Arrested for no fishing license? Unlicensed pet?

Noise ordinance violation?

The sad thing is Ass Chief Dipsh*t actually thinks this will stop his badged thugs from being sued. As if in the Burlington One's case there was only one civil rights violation. Nope, sorry. This asshat is just trying to blame the system for the reprehensible behavior of his clown troops with guns. His list of support for this bill is a dead giveaway that it is pure evil. This must be stopped now.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-25-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

This is the email I just sent:

I just saw the public hearing and the main reason the police departments want this law is so that they don't get sued.

So.... I don't mow my lawn, I can be arrested, I have a barking dog, I can be arrested, I have ONE parking ticket, I can be arrested. I jaywalk, I can be arrested.

There are already procedures, rules and laws in place to handle the persistent scofflaws in our community. If I don't pay the civil forfeiture, a warrant can be issued for my arrest. That is the way it should work.

--

Paul L Fisher

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    This is B.S. Calling my congress critters now in opposition.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast