• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are you people waiting for? AB237 is POLICE STATE BS. Get moving...

M

McX

somehow with overcrowded jails, i doubt an arrest would be made, though many criminals never pay their civil forfeitures anyway.

BROKENSPROKET

somehow with overcrowded jails, i doubt an arrest would be made, though many criminals never pay their civil forfeitures anyway.

A civil forfeiture is not criminal. With this bill, you can be arrested for speeding, not wearing you seat belt, etc............

BROKENSPROKET

It appears that WisEYE did not cover this so we cannot watch the public hearing on it. The Excutive Session on this is tommorrow.

Fast Tracked and Under the Radar.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/proposals/ab237

Oh the hipocrisy. Noone here has come out detesting this bill, but you flame AB246, SB131.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

With this bill, persons can be arrested for non-criminal violations.:mad::mad::mad:

So if this bill passes you can be arrested for open carry in or on a vehicle....instead of just getting a fine for violation of 167.31. At least until 1NOV2011.

As for detesting another ignorant bill some of us don't hang out on the docs.legis.wisconsin.gov website but do look at it when someone brings to light another stupid move by our state legislators.

Thank you for shining the light on another ignorant bill!

BROKENSPROKET

So if this bill passes you can be arrested for open carry in or on a vehicle....instead of just getting a fine for violation of 167.31. At least until 1NOV2011.

As for detesting another ignorant bill some of us don't hang out on the docs.legis.wisconsin.gov website but do look at it when someone brings to light another stupid move by our state legislators.

Thank you for shining the light on another ignorant bill!

With Ab237, you can be arrested for any civil forteture.

I am not a Constitutional expert, but wouldn't this violate the 4th Ammendment?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am waiting to do that until others weigh in on the Constitutionality. I need that to help me putting my message together.

My assemblyman is a former LEO and an sponsor of the bill.

Ahhhh....

I just told them that I didn't like it and thought it was an over expansion of powers considering a some firearm stuff is now going to be a forfeiture.

BROKENSPROKET

If you are arrested for a civil forfeiture, you get fingerprinted, and it goes on your Criminal Arrest record with the WI DOJ-CIB. :mad:

Unless it is dropped or you found not guilty, it stays there FOREVER.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I copied it to a reporter. Just think what will happen to #Occupy Bayfield if'n when this passes. LOL

BROKENSPROKET

Then they are quasi fugatives. Where I come from, you don't pay a fine in the allowable time, an active warrant is issued for your arrest. And they do come looking for you.

Motofixxer

I watched it also, I kept hearing an underlying we don't want to get sued. This bill would effectively put an end to any kind of civil rights suits. Hmm yeah wonder why the Police want it passed so bad. Gives them free reign to do as they please with even more latitude.

Last edited:

hardballer

I can't believe there isn't an uproar over this... This is blatant. It gives the cops the right to arrest you for civil forfeiture. Put you in jail. Gives you a permanent record. Arrested for you grass not cut in a manner that satisfies the municipality. Arrested for jay walking. Arrested for speeding. etc. This is POLICE STATE BS. THINK. Use the brain God gave you to reason...

Arrrrggh...

BROKENSPROKET

I watched it also, I kept hearing an underlying we don't want to get sued. This bill would effectively put an end to any kind of civil rights suits. Hmm yeah wonder why the Police want it passed so bad. Gives them free reign to do as they please with even more latitude.

Exactly, and it is being fast tracked. Public hearing was last Friday. Executive session is this Tuesday. It could hit the Assembly floor before the end of the week.

We need to stop this bill, NOW.

E6chevron

If there is a big problem with unpaid civil forfeitures, couldn't that be handled under the current system, by issuing warrants for those with old, and/or large unpaid dollar amounts?

Last edited: