• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are you people waiting for? AB237 is POLICE STATE BS. Get moving...

bluehighways

This is absolutely outrageous! The goons in government make me SICK. This needs to be stopped immediately. This kind of BS is the reason I say: Next election, let fire EVERYONE. Send the bastid's home and unemployed.

I don't have the words to express how flaming mad I am about this.

BROKENSPROKET

If there is a big problem with unpaid civil forfeitures, couldn't that be handled under the current system, by issuing warrants for those with old, and/or large unpaid dollar amounts?

In my county, a warrant is issued for deliquent payments on fines and forfeitures. You are first given a fair chance to pay them and if you don't, they are coming for you.

HandyHamlet

So if this bill passes you can be arrested for open carry in or on a vehicle....instead of just getting a fine for violation of 167.31. At least until 1NOV2011.

... Arrested for you grass not cut in a manner that satisfies the municipality. Arrested for jay walking. Arrested for speeding...

That is what I got from the video.

Not only will you be fined if your dog escapes but you will be arrested and could face jail time. That is one example Ass Chief C*ckbreath tried to slip under the radar anyway.

Basically every fine is now an arrest. The end and go straight to jail.

So... arrested for a parking ticket? Arrested for expired plates? Arrested for no fishing license? Unlicensed pet?

Noise ordinance violation?

The sad thing is Ass Chief Dipsh*t actually thinks this will stop his badged thugs from being sued. As if in the Burlington One's case there was only one civil rights violation. Nope, sorry. This asshat is just trying to blame the system for the reprehensible behavior of his clown troops with guns. His list of support for this bill is a dead giveaway that it is pure evil. This must be stopped now.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

This is the email I just sent:

I just saw the public hearing and the main reason the police departments want this law is so that they don't get sued.

So.... I don't mow my lawn, I can be arrested, I have a barking dog, I can be arrested, I have ONE parking ticket, I can be arrested. I jaywalk, I can be arrested.

There are already procedures, rules and laws in place to handle the persistent scofflaws in our community. If I don't pay the civil forfeiture, a warrant can be issued for my arrest. That is the way it should work.

--

Paul L Fisher

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
So has anyone contacted the media about this?

Anyway, my reps office was very receptive to voting down this bill after they looked at it. Hopefully my rep feels the same way.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Contacted My Rep & Senator & FOX6NEWS

I asked Fox NEWS to look into it and make it public. I pointed out that anyone out getting the NEWS can be arrested (like their cameraman was recently) for not following "instructions" and there would be no lawsuits for civil rights violations.

I also contacted my rep and state senator. A lot of good that will do since I have Wirch and Steinbrink but I hope they stop this bill. The people that sponsored and co-sponsored it should be spotlighted and not forgotten come election time. This is NAZI Germany GESTAPO at it's finest.

Here is my email to my reps:

I just learned of the existence of 2011 Assembly Bill 237. I hope you are unaware of this bill as of yet because it is a Gestapo bill straight from NAZI Germany. This gives the police ultimate arrest power over everyone for anything the police want to arrest for. When did the state of Wisconsin become NAZI Germany? This bill is unconstitutional and wrong in every way. I am contacting the NEWS about this insanity so the public will know of it's existence.

I hope you realize the insanity of this bill and vote it down. The representatives that sponsored and co-sponsored this bill will not be forgotten come election time.

hardballer

I can't believe there isn't an uproar over this... This is blatant. It gives the cops the right to arrest you for civil forfeiture. Put you in jail. Gives you a permanent record. Arrested for you grass not cut in a manner that satisfies the municipality. Arrested for jay walking. Arrested for speeding. etc. This is POLICE STATE BS. THINK. Use the brain God gave you to reason...

Arrrrggh....

Call your congress critters now. I mean it. What the hell are you waiting for. These rat bastards are trying to pull a fast one on We The People.

Stand up for yourself, Dammit!

grinner

My assemblyman, Farrow, is one of the co-introducers of the bill. He represents the Pewaukee area where WCI held our summer picnic. I sent him a note today and I will see him in person on Nov 9.

protias

My assemblyman, Farrow, is one of the co-introducers of the bill. He represents the Pewaukee area where WCI held our summer picnic. I sent him a note today and I will see him in person on Nov 9.

He is mine as well. I called yesterday and sent several emails. I'm surprised he would put his name on this bill. I really do hope he calls me back.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Agree, This Bill Is Straight From Hitler's Diary.

I too contacted my representative and senator about this Gestapo bill and also contacted Fox 6 NEWS. I've emailed several people about this hoping they too will get on the band wagon and stop this B.S.

This bill is GESTAPO AUTHORITY 100%.

I will bet some of these sponsors haven't even read the bill...

HandyHamlet

Of course no one answered the phone at Steinbrink's office.

Here is the email I fired off to Wirch and Steinbrink.

Dear Sen. Wirch,

I am writing to make my opposition known to Bill 237 being fast tracked as we speak.

"This bill specifies that any law enforcement officer may arrest
a person for violating a law that constitutes a civil forfeiture..."

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/proposals/ab237

This is absolutely ridiculous. Is the State of Wisconsin now in the business of just arresting everyone? Under this Bill, as pointed out by just one of the Assistant Chief of Brookfield Police's examples at the hearing on Oct 19th, Wisconsin citizens will now be arrested for the crime of their dog getting loose.

I implore you to step up, do your job, and stop this insanity.

Thank you for your time and expecting your prompt reply,

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Registered Voter
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx