• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin to honor WA CPLs

amlevin

My wife is from Wisconsin. Her response when hearing this was "big deal". " It's only good if someone has a reason to go to Wisconsin. They ship their beer and cheese here. No desire to go there in the summer and fight the bugs or in the winter to freeze my @ass off".

I think she's glad she's not in Wisconsin any more. Having been there a few times I agree with her.;);)

fetch

Why are we going through the federal gov? As far as I am concerned my Wa. CPL is valid in all 50 states. I will go with the Constitution,

Article IV - The States

Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

onlurker

Was it Wisconsin that had a defacto ban on CC by denying permits/licenses but maintained non-licensed OC? If so, sounds like they might be lifting their ban? Regardless, this is still good news even if there's little reason to visit this state.

mrjam2jab

Was it Wisconsin that had a defacto ban on CC by denying permits/licenses but maintained non-licensed OC? If so, sounds like they might be lifting their ban? Regardless, this is still good news even if there's little reason to visit this state.

De facto ban on CC by not having a permit at all....like IL. Unlicensed OC yes.

heresolong

I've ridden the Harley through Wisconsin a couple times on the way to the east coast and it is actually pretty nice. Spent a few days in Milwaukee with cousins plus several years ago went to a Harley school there. I wouldn't want to live there for the aforementioned reasons, but sure is nice to be able to "legally" carry there now. ;)

Lammo

They now have a Republican governor who finally signed their concealed carry law after the former Demoncrat governor vetoed it about 632 times (OK, it was really 2 or 3 times but it seemed like more).

amzbrady

Why are we going through the federal gov? As far as I am concerned my Wa. CPL is valid in all 50 states. I will go with the Constitution,

Article IV - The States

Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Let us know how that works out for you. Head through Illinois and make sure you point it out that you are good to go...