• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hey paullllllllll

WisconsinPI

Well thats a good question, if you're in the line of your duties, I know that forinstance armored car drivers enter banks with theirs, i could find out officially very fast actually. I've never tried.

Mlutz

Well thats a good question, if you're in the line of your duties, I know that forinstance armored car drivers enter banks with theirs, i could find out officially very fast actually. I've never tried.

What do a car drivers carrying into a bank have to do with the price of tea in China? Or, with a pi carrying in the capitol on the 1st?

Outdoorsman1

I am thinkin Chuck Norris could as well and he is'nt even a PI......

On point:... I really have no idea of the answer to the question at hand...

Outdoorsman1

Mlutz

I am thinkin Chuck Norris could as well and he is'nt even a PI......

On point:... I really have no idea of the answer to the question at hand...

Outdoorsman1

Of course he could, he is a ranger. But he wouldn't need to carry a gun. Can you say, "roundhouse kick to the face"?

WisconsinPI

What do a car drivers carrying into a bank have to do with the price of tea in China? Or, with a pi carrying in the capitol on the 1st?

place of prohibited carry, i know the "capitol" is a different situation. Whats Love got to do with it

Last edited:

E6chevron

Wisconsin Statute 440.26 regulates Private detectives, investigators and security personnel; licenses and permits.
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/440/II/26

440.26(3m) is "RULES CONCERNING DANGEROUS WEAPONS." which charges the DOJ with promulgating rules relating to persons who hold a license or permit issued under this section (440.26). These rules must allow all of the following to carry a concealed firearm...

(a) in state LEO
(b) qualified out-of-state LEO.
(c) Former Officers,
(d) CCW licensees and CCW out-of-state licensees under 175.60

I have not seen anything in the new Jus 17 & 18 rules allowing those licensed under 440.26 to carry concealed, although 440.26 compliant security training, can be used to meet the CCW license training requirement under Jus 17.05(1)(f)

Probably some existing DOJ rules delineate the privileges for private detective licenses.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Thomas Magnum did not need a gun, he drove a fancy car, which he did not have to pay for, much like our elected officials, whom are passing more ridiculous laws.

Magnum kicks Chuck's butt, with one hand behind his back(grabbing his Gov't issued .45; carried sans holster in the small of the back); while doing a burnout in Robin Master's Ferrari 308 GTS...Bubb

http://magnum-mania.com/Lists/Magnum_Gear.html :D