Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "She is afraid of the open carry law"

"She is afraid of the open carry law"

so she got a possible death threat....how does that relate to open carry???
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 10-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

you need to read more than one paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    so she got a possible death threat....how does that relate to open carry???
    They have some sort of a town meeting planed where it's possible to open carry or CC which if she actually got a death threat could be dangerous since a suicidal nut could easily bring a gun in there. It's an interesting situation.

Because the sight of a gun obviously means that person is going to use it (rolls eyes)

what forum is this

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Because the sight of a gun obviously means that person is going to use it (rolls eyes)
    Of course it doesn't but you can't deny it's an interesting situation if indeed she got a death threat.. I mean is it that unreasonable to fear a suicidal nut like Jared Loughner showing up OCing and then starting to shoot at people? I'm not saying OCing people are scary, all I'm saying is that a person who's life got threatened is justified of feeling scared of people who are armed even if legally.

But then again I'd also say that she couldn't be more safe from some nut trying something in a room full of armed people..

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    "We do have a police officer present but the unfortunate part is we do not have metal detectors or search procedures," Kamp said.
    uh, even if you DID, you still couldn't search people OR disarm them. so go ahead and waste more taxpayer money genius
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    what forum is this
    http://warrenforum.net/index.php?board=2.0
    i
    think

looks like it used to be in this thread...
    http://warrenforum.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=03ac71375f9b3a43bc2467a58f0b8d 34&topic=1681.0
    p
    robably an over-reaction
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 10-25-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    Of course it doesn't but you can't deny it's an interesting situation if indeed she got a death threat.. I mean is it that unreasonable to fear a suicidal nut like Jared Loughner showing up OCing and then starting to shoot at people? I'm not saying OCing people are scary, all I'm saying is that a person who's life got threatened is justified of feeling scared of people who are armed even if legally.

But then again I'd also say that she couldn't be more safe from some nut trying something in a room full of armed people..
    It's not unreasonable, but fear is useless unless you use it to be more cautious and aware. If she's just going to freak out, then it doesn't help her. And I didn't think that Jared Loughner OC'd. (If you know of a link stating otherwise I'd like to see it please). Has anyone that ever went on a shooting rampage worn their guns out in the open?

No no, I meant strictly hypothetically. And I agree with you on what you said about fear.

Ahh.

Banned

If she's that worried about it, there are at least three things she can do...

1. Exercise her second amendment right.

2. Start a thread here, and on MGO to ask some of us to show up to discuss open carry.

3. Call police
    Last edited by stainless1911; 10-25-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    It's not unreasonable, but fear is useless unless you use it to be more cautious and aware. If she's just going to freak out, then it doesn't help her. And I didn't think that Jared Loughner OC'd. (If you know of a link stating otherwise I'd like to see it please). Has anyone that ever went on a shooting rampage worn their guns out in the open?
    To my knowledge, only the guys in LA that robbed the bank with the machine guns, and then died in that police standoff. You know, the one where the police came to the gun stores for the better weapons.

A while back I was attending a township's council meetings to get an illegal gun ordinance changed (successful after 10 months) and during all of that there was a shooting at a council meeting of some kind in Florida. I don't recall the particulars of the incident.

Well, after that shooting there was quite a lengthy discussion at the next township council meeting with much concern expressed by council members that someone might just walk in with a gun. And there I sat open carrying.......... just as I had for every meeting I had attended.

Anyway, one council member opined that government buildings should be gun free zones so no one will shoot up meetings. Her logic contained this gem of ... ummmm... unusual thinking in one of her comments to me.

"I'm not taking away your rights. ---- long pause ---- Well, I guess I am but I just want to feel safe!"

What has that got to do with the OP? Apparently someone else thinks that their individual and personal feelings/fears trump the rights of the rest of the entire population.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Exclamation

As a Warren resident,where she is running for re-election to city council,I will be sending her an email (Warren web site has emails of council members)and hope other Warren folks (or any others who wish to)will do the same.She voted to eliminate the illegal gun ords we rquested be eliminated,but she needs to be educated further.I will notify her that Pro-2A and Pro-OC votes are at risk! CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

if she's so scared, why doesn't she just arm herself? why make everyone else disarm. it's completely illogical.

They have some sort of a town meeting planed where it's possible to open carry or CC which if she actually got a death threat could be dangerous since a suicidal nut could easily bring a gun in there. It's an interesting situation.
    Such a person would not care if it were legal, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    Such a person would not care if it were legal, or not.
    so true

Kamp told Local 4 she's concerned about the open carry laws allowing guns inside the meeting.
    What?
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    if she's so scared, why doesn't she just arm herself? why make everyone else disarm. it's completely illogical.
    It could well be that the Employee Agreement and/or Code of Conduct may prevent her from doing so as MCL 123.1103 allows for this by the City of Warren.

"President Mary Kamp contacted police about a post from a message board user that uses the term "killshot" when referring to Kamp."

Totally inappropriate language when making reference to the woman. Someone must have needed a little attention.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    "President Mary Kamp contacted police about a post from a message board user that uses the term "killshot" when referring to Kamp."

Totally inappropriate language when making reference to the woman. Someone must have needed a little attention.

?????
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Kemp is a well known drama queen who makes highly questionable statements and accusations IMO and the opinions of many others. She is 100% drama and is using this as a pity ploy for the election time. Just my opinion from being a long time resident of Warren. God help us if she ever becomes Mayor.

She should be more worried about the nut jobs who usually can't legally carry, can't legally own a gun, and don't make threats, yet seem to get past all efforts of security personnel. Someone running his/her mouth should have never got one second of press, and been quietly investigated without being warned as she did by freaking out in public. Her running off at the mouth in front of the media helped nothing. This is typical politician Grandstanding. Frankly she is looking for free press coverage and pity, which is so obnoxiously typical of politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by HOWUDOINGOOD View Post
    Last edited by alphamale; 10-26-2011 at 09:47 AM.

I always find this amusing

Kamp told Local 4 she's concerned about the open carry laws allowing guns inside the meeting.
    What open carry law?

From what I remember, Michigans "open carry" is allowed by not prohibiting it. Correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast