• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"She is afraid of the open carry law"

MilProGuy

"President Mary Kamp contacted police about a post from a message board user that uses the term "killshot" when referring to Kamp."

Totally inappropriate language when making reference to the woman. Someone must have needed a little attention.

alphamale

Kemp is a well known drama queen who makes highly questionable statements and accusations IMO and the opinions of many others. She is 100% drama and is using this as a pity ploy for the election time. Just my opinion from being a long time resident of Warren. God help us if she ever becomes Mayor. :banghead:

She should be more worried about the nut jobs who usually can't legally carry, can't legally own a gun, and don't make threats, yet seem to get past all efforts of security personnel. Someone running his/her mouth should have never got one second of press, and been quietly investigated without being warned as she did by freaking out in public. Her running off at the mouth in front of the media helped nothing. This is typical politician Grandstanding. :banghead::cuss: Frankly she is looking for free press coverage and pity, which is so obnoxiously typical of politicians.

Last edited:

Tucker6900

I always find this amusing

Kamp told Local 4 she's concerned about the open carry laws allowing guns inside the meeting.

What open carry law?

From what I remember, Michigans "open carry" is allowed by not prohibiting it. Correct?

xmanhockey7

What open carry law?

From what I remember, Michigans "open carry" is allowed by not prohibiting it. Correct?

Basically....Our pistol registration for those who do not have a CPL are actually getting a
28.422 License to purchase, carry, possess, or transport pistol;
So really any Michigan resident who legally owns the pistol can carry it. If you are from out-of-state you must have some type of carry permit to even have the gun within the state. And any carry permit will work unless you are carrying the gun concealed. When carrying concealed you must have a permit from your resident state.

HKcarrier

I wonder what the context of that post was... I went to the thread it was in, and it seems some things were deleted... Sounds like another Palin and "cross hairs" deal... but it's ok for Maxine Waters to say "tea party can go straight to hell" and other inflamitory things from the left... yay for double standards!!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
"President Mary Kamp contacted police about a post from a message board user that uses the term "killshot" when referring to Kamp."

Totally inappropriate language when making reference to the woman. Someone must have needed a little attention.

So it's an appropriate reference to a man or child? Do you even read what you post?

scot623

It seems the solution to her problem is simple. Do not run for council or mayor. If you can't handle the public, don't VOLUNTARILY put yourself in a position where you have too. I'm sure her cats will appreciate more time at home with her.

SpringerXDacp

Clearly, Kamp went about this all wrong.

Everyone knows, in terms of carrying a firearm (pistol) at a council meeting, the council person or persons, should beat their fists on the table and repeatedly announce "well I'm going to start carrying my gun to the meetings too."

*Drinkwine*

:lol:

Haman J.T.

Council Person Kamp, I am troubled by your statements in the media about your fear of Open Carry laws.Article 1 Sec. 6 of the MI Constitution states "Every Person has the Right to Keep and Bear(Open Carry,Concealed Carry) Arms for the Defense of Himself and The State( our fellow Citizens)! If you have fears for Your safety and the safety of your loved ones and fellow citizens,you should contact Councilman Stevens or MOC Inc. and recieve training for defending yourself and your loved ones,which is your individual responsibility.The Supreme Court has ruled that Law Enforcement is not responsible for defending any individual.Self Defense is an Individual responsibility and is Our Right according to the Federal and State constitutions.Do You fear your fellow law abiding citizens who exercise their Right to Self Defense?As a Life Member of the NRA,MCRGO,MOC Inc.,GOA,CLSD and UAW, I will be expecting Your reply so I can notify my fellow voters in the upcoming elections! Thank You and God Bless You and Yours! Rev. Jeffery Haman. Warren,MI.

I'm waiting for a reply.I have to vote on 11/8 and I'll let you guys know if she replies!CARRY ON!

Haman J.T.

Clearly, Kamp went about this all wrong.

Everyone knows, in terms of carrying a firearm (pistol) at a council meeting, the council person or persons, should beat their fists on the table and repeatedly announce "well I'm going to start carrying my gun to the meetings too."

*Drinkwine*

:lol:
I think everyone should carry!Then 99.99% of people would be polite!

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

Good Morning Rev. Haman,
I was troubled as well about the way the reporter chose to word his article and have e-mailed him with my concerns. I have no problem with open carry. I was asked if I thought security at council meetings was adequate and I stated that usually we have an officer on hand to avoid problems. I was asked if guns were permitted in the council chamber and I said yes, we have had people attend that exercise there right to open carry. I am a gun owner and supporter of the NRA. I have earned the endorsement of the NRA in previous campaigns. (I did not pursue the endorsement this year because in doing so you would then typically pay to mail to their members and I did not have the necessary funding to do so.) I have had formal firearm training and fully support a persons right to bear arms.
In fact, the so called extra security was the police departments decision not a request from me as was also stated in several articles.
I appreciate you contacting me about this issue and affording me the opportunity to clarify my position.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact me again.
Best Regards,
Mary Kamp-Council President\Mayor Pro Tem

Sent: Wed 10/26/2011 6:13 PM
To: Mary Kamp
Subject: Open Carry statement in Media.

Council Person Kamp, I am troubled by your statements in the media about your fear of Open Carry laws.Article 1 Sec. 6 of the MI Constitution states "Every Person has the Right to Keep and Bear(Open Carry,Concealed Carry) Arms for the Defense of Himself and The State( our fellow Citizens)! If you have fears for Your safety and the safety of your loved ones and fellow citizens,you should contact Councilman Stevens or MOC Inc. and recieve training for defending yourself and your loved ones,which is your individual responsibility.The Supreme Court has ruled that Law Enforcement is not responsible for defending any individual.Self Defense is an Individual responsibility and is Our Right according to the Federal and State constitutions.Do You fear your fellow law abiding citizens who exercise their Right to Self Defense?As a Life Member of the NRA,MCRGO,MOC Inc.,GOA,CLSD and UAW, I will be expecting Your reply so I can notify my fellow voters in the upcoming elections! Thank You and God Bless You and Yours! Rev. Jeffery Haman. Warren,MI.

This is her reply,and as has happened to me personally,the written news has seemed to get their wording wrong again.It's hard to believe what's written in papers when they get the facts wrong and it's happened to me and others.I have grounds to believe her explaination!