• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"She is afraid of the open carry law"

hazek

so she got a possible death threat....how does that relate to open carry???

They have some sort of a town meeting planed where it's possible to open carry or CC which if she actually got a death threat could be dangerous since a suicidal nut could easily bring a gun in there. It's an interesting situation.

hazek

Because the sight of a gun obviously means that person is going to use it (rolls eyes)

Of course it doesn't but you can't deny it's an interesting situation if indeed she got a death threat.. I mean is it that unreasonable to fear a suicidal nut like Jared Loughner showing up OCing and then starting to shoot at people? I'm not saying OCing people are scary, all I'm saying is that a person who's life got threatened is justified of feeling scared of people who are armed even if legally.

But then again I'd also say that she couldn't be more safe from some nut trying something in a room full of armed people..

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
"We do have a police officer present but the unfortunate part is we do not have metal detectors or search procedures," Kamp said.
uh, even if you DID, you still couldn't search people OR disarm them. so go ahead and waste more taxpayer money genius

PistolPackingMomma

Of course it doesn't but you can't deny it's an interesting situation if indeed she got a death threat.. I mean is it that unreasonable to fear a suicidal nut like Jared Loughner showing up OCing and then starting to shoot at people? I'm not saying OCing people are scary, all I'm saying is that a person who's life got threatened is justified of feeling scared of people who are armed even if legally.

But then again I'd also say that she couldn't be more safe from some nut trying something in a room full of armed people..

It's not unreasonable, but fear is useless unless you use it to be more cautious and aware. If she's just going to freak out, then it doesn't help her. And I didn't think that Jared Loughner OC'd. (If you know of a link stating otherwise I'd like to see it please). Has anyone that ever went on a shooting rampage worn their guns out in the open?

hazek

No no, I meant strictly hypothetically. And I agree with you on what you said about fear.

stainless1911

Banned

If she's that worried about it, there are at least three things she can do...

1. Exercise her second amendment right.

2. Start a thread here, and on MGO to ask some of us to show up to discuss open carry.

3. Call police

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
It's not unreasonable, but fear is useless unless you use it to be more cautious and aware. If she's just going to freak out, then it doesn't help her. And I didn't think that Jared Loughner OC'd. (If you know of a link stating otherwise I'd like to see it please). Has anyone that ever went on a shooting rampage worn their guns out in the open?

To my knowledge, only the guys in LA that robbed the bank with the machine guns, and then died in that police standoff. You know, the one where the police came to the gun stores for the better weapons.

B

Bikenut

A while back I was attending a township's council meetings to get an illegal gun ordinance changed (successful after 10 months) and during all of that there was a shooting at a council meeting of some kind in Florida. I don't recall the particulars of the incident.

Well, after that shooting there was quite a lengthy discussion at the next township council meeting with much concern expressed by council members that someone might just walk in with a gun. And there I sat open carrying.......... just as I had for every meeting I had attended.

Anyway, one council member opined that government buildings should be gun free zones so no one will shoot up meetings. Her logic contained this gem of ... ummmm... unusual thinking in one of her comments to me.

"I'm not taking away your rights. ---- long pause ---- Well, I guess I am but I just want to feel safe!"

What has that got to do with the OP? Apparently someone else thinks that their individual and personal feelings/fears trump the rights of the rest of the entire population.

Haman J.T.

As a Warren resident,where she is running for re-election to city council,I will be sending her an email (Warren web site has emails of council members)and hope other Warren folks (or any others who wish to)will do the same.She voted to eliminate the illegal gun ords we rquested be eliminated,but she needs to be educated further.I will notify her that Pro-2A and Pro-OC votes are at risk! CARRY ON!