• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit Training Requirement

mrjam2jab

Looks like PA only recognizes resident permits from Maine and vise versa.

ME is one of the 6 states that only recognizes Resident permits. The PA portion is odd in that PA "normally" doesn't care as to state of residence.

3rd Paragraph here

Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.

xmanhockey7

ME is one of the 6 states that only recognizes Resident permits. The PA portion is odd in that PA "normally" doesn't care as to state of residence.

3rd Paragraph here

Yeah I knew Maine only accepted resident permits but from what I can tell from the agreement PA doesn't take Maine's non-resident which is odd. Perhaps email the PA AG.

Maine CWP Training

Yes if: 5 years prior to the date of application completed a course that included handgun safety offered by or under the supervision of a federal, state, county or municipal law enforcement agency or a firearms instructor certified by a private firearms association recognized as knowledgeable in matters of handgun safety by the issuing authority or by the state in which the course was taken. A course completion certificate or other document, or a photocopy, is sufficient if it recites or otherwise demonstrates that the course meets all of the requirements of this subparagraph.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/newreply.php?p=1678625&noquote=1