Thread: Lots of Traveling

Lots of Traveling

Friday I leave for a couple months. I got a job with a construction contractor doing work all over the place out west. I'll only be gone for a couple of months since I start back into school soon, but I'm definitely not leaving my little friend behind. I'll be doing work in North Dakota, Texas, Arizona, Minnesota, and possibly Indiana. I've got so much to read up on as far as OCing in any of these places

David
    Last edited by ArmySoldier22; 10-26-2011 at 03:04 AM.

mattwestm
    If you have a NC CHP, I believe your permit should be good in all of the states you mentioned, except for MN. I know MN is really weird about recognizing other state's permits.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    If you have a NC CHP, I believe your permit should be good in all of the states you mentioned, except for MN. I know MN is really weird about recognizing other state's permits.
    Nope, no CHP. I've only OC'd. But now I'm wishing I'd gotten my CHP sooner.

Yeah that's the bad thing about OC; you pretty much have to be an expert in the law of the land, because if you're in violation you're damned sure going to be called on it.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith45acp View Post
    Yeah that's the bad thing about OC; you pretty much have to be an expert in the law of the land, because if you're in violation you're damned sure going to be called on it.
    Yep, unfortunately. I've been planning on getting my CHP, just haven't gotten around to it. And now it's too late for this lol. So I've just been reading up on the forums for the states I'm going to be in, trying to get a feel for which ones allow OC, and to what extent.