• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't hide concealed gun states

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Her handgun grip in the picture is atrocious.

And hopefully that is what the instructor is about to address in the picture. Another thing that's curious about this photo is this: Why are they all wearing tactical vests? Judging by the double finger on the trigger, I'm hoping this isn't a police training event. :eek:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The quote from the Lincoln police chief sounds like something a member the WAVE affiliated Wisconsin Police Chiefs Association would say. The editorial reeks of anti-right to carry bias. Normal for Madistan news media.

Last edited:

TyGuy

She's a reporter. I hope that guy sets her straight. I don't expect first time shooters to really know what they are doing, but an experienced shooter should teach them how to properly hold, fire, and clear the firearm. The double trigger finger made me laugh, but I'm sure I looked silly the first time I shot.

M

McX

though the left tilt was duly noted in the article, they forgot to mention some key points:

the streets will run red with blood; zombies, aliens, pirates, and ninjas will be eligible to get permits.

we are doomed i tell you!

TyGuy

Nothing wrong with cross eye dominance. You can get around it easily, and the same way that you'd work with regular eye dominance, TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN!

I am left handed and left eye dominant, but I learned to shoot pistol right handed growing up. I picked up rifle/shotgun later in life. As such I shoot pistol right handed left eyed, and I shoot rifle/shotgun left handed left eyed. Yeah, I'm a freak, but I fear no corner.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Nothing wrong with cross eye dominance. You can get around it easily, and the same way that you'd work with regular eye dominance, TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN!

I am left handed and left eye dominant, but I learned to shoot pistol right handed growing up. I picked up rifle/shotgun later in life. As such I shoot pistol right handed left eyed, and I shoot rifle/shotgun left handed left eyed. Yeah, I'm a freak, but I fear no corner.

I shoot exactly the same way, left-handed for long guns, right for handgun. To me it's advantageous since I shoot as accurately with my left hand as my right with a handgun. I think the major problem with the lady in the picture is that she doesn't have a gun that fits her hand size.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
The quote from the Lincoln police chief sounds like something a member the WAVE affiliated Wisconsin Police Chiefs Association would say. The editorial reeks of anti-right to carry bias. Normal for Madistan news media.

Not quite as bad as coming from WAVE. The editorial says there's no good data. WAVE would claim there's all sorts of data suggesting everything about guns is bad. They like to make up data when it doesn't exist because few people bother to check their so-called facts. Their agenda is more important than the truth to them.

TyGuy

Shotgun, sometimes being a lefty is annoying, but it also makes you come up with novel solutions to problems that the right handed don't face.

I sometimes worry that I hold my training back because I have to learn trigger control twice, but it's the way I have to do it. I don't even mind the casings hitting me when my AR ejects spent brass. It's just not a trip to the range without a burn or two.

protias

Shotgun, sometimes being a lefty is annoying, but it also makes you come up with novel solutions to problems that the right handed don't face.

I sometimes worry that I hold my training back because I have to learn trigger control twice, but it's the way I have to do it. I don't even mind the casings hitting me when my AR ejects spent brass. It's just not a trip to the range without a burn or two.

You could get a left handed rifle. ;)

TyGuy

Would you like to donate the extra $$ for that? Honestly I think I can operate my AR faster left handed. I can operate the safety and bolt catch/release with one hand.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Back in the old days, when the M-16 was still fully automatic, you used to have to put a plastic "left-handed firing device" on it to deflect the brass away from the face. When I didn't have one, my right cheek was spattered with red circles from all the cartridge casings. Didn't hurt, but it looked pretty funny. Nowadays that device is built-in. At least it is on my Bushmaster, so it's not an issue to me.

TyGuy

I don't have the brass deflector on mine. I went with a smooth sided model without the deflector and without the forward assist. I like the look better. I still usually don't get hit that much. Once in awhile I'll catch one, but I don't. I rub some dirt on it, growl, kiss my wife and revel in being a MAN. LOL, jk. It really doesn't bother me much.

Is it weird that like burns and scars? What's the point of living if you don't get hurt once in awhile? Life is a contact sport.

TyGuy

I think I have sufficiently derailed this conversation, so I am going to leave it at that.

Either handed or eyed you are just keep training.

JJC

And hopefully that is what the instructor is about to address in the picture. Another thing that's curious about this photo is this: Why are they all wearing tactical vests? Judging by the double finger on the trigger, I'm hoping this isn't a police training event. :eek:

They're all wearing tactical vests because they are all police officers. The closest one is not an instructor.

JJC