Thread: Didn't someone here post requesting volunteer models for this book?

Didn't someone here post requesting volunteer models for this book?

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2011/10...guns/?pid=1243

http://www.amazon.com/Chicks-Guns-Li...9634054&sr=8-1

Did anyone respond? Looking at the preview on the Wired article, it seems to have a different impact than Oleg Volk's work. I vaguely remember someone coming specifically to the Virginia forum requesting volunteers, but maybe that was for a different article. Does anyone have a better memory or understanding of how to work the poorly implemented search function than I?

We've had Marie Claire and some nice folks from France (as improbable as that might seem) meet with and photograph some of the Virginia ladies. I think this book was perhaps an offshoot of the internet "Armed Ameica" http://www.armedamerica.org/ .

Could be wrong about its origins.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    This went out on a number of different forums. It might be what you are remembering.
    http://mymodeltalk.com/jobs/new-york...town-west.html

Also if you search on OCDO -

Start with "Advanced search" at top right, then click "Single" search on next screen and enter "Chicks with Guns" and you'll get more than you might expect.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    some nice folks from France (as improbable as that might seem)
    There are lots of nice folks from France. They always say thank you when they surrender to you.

.....and their guns hold high value since they've only been dropped once.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Americans .... you think you have a monopoly on disliking the French .. well us English have a 1000 year head start on you

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    ..some nice folks from France (as improbable as that might seem) ..
    in fairness to them, when I've been in rural France, especially in Brittany and Normandy my personal experience has been that they're nice people, especially the older generation who were there when the English speaking nations liberated them from the Nazis. Go to the larger cities, especially Paris, and you then meet the stereotypical French t***.
    Last edited by scouser; 10-26-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    We've had Marie Claire and some nice folks from France (as improbable as that might seem) meet with and photograph some of the Virginia ladies. I think this book was perhaps an offshoot of the internet "Armed Ameica" http://www.armedamerica.org/ .

Could be wrong about its origins.

stay safe.
    My wife and daughter were featured in Marie Claire and the Washingtonian.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Americans .... you think you have a monopoly on disliking the French .. well us English have a 1000 year head start on you

in fairness to them, when I've been in rural France, especially in Brittany and Normandy my personal experience has been that they're nice people, especially the older generation who were there when the English speaking nations liberated them from the Nazis. Go to the larger cities, especially Paris, and you then meet the stereotypical French t***.
    eh you are just jealous that my norman ancestors conquered your puny island and civilized you blue painted pictish savages

hehehehe the other half of my ancestry is from those red headed wode covered savages by the way

Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    eh you are just jealous that my norman ancestors conquered your puny island and civilized you blue painted pictish savages

hehehehe the other half of my ancestry is from those red headed wode covered savages by the way

Now, now, boys.....

We all know it was the Vikings who settled from the north and finally brought some semblance of order to the so-called British Isles. They also brought a lot of neat weapons, and knew how to use them, as I recall.