• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Didn't someone here post requesting volunteer models for this book?

curtiswr

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2011/10/chicks-with-guns/?pid=1243

http://www.amazon.com/Chicks-Guns-L...2759/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319634054&sr=8-1

Did anyone respond? Looking at the preview on the Wired article, it seems to have a different impact than Oleg Volk's work. I vaguely remember someone coming specifically to the Virginia forum requesting volunteers, but maybe that was for a different article. Does anyone have a better memory or understanding of how to work the poorly implemented search function than I?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We've had Marie Claire and some nice folks from France (as improbable as that might seem) meet with and photograph some of the Virginia ladies. I think this book was perhaps an offshoot of the internet "Armed Ameica" http://www.armedamerica.org/ .

Could be wrong about its origins.

stay safe.

scouser

Americans .... you think you have a monopoly on disliking the French .. well us English have a 1000 year head start on you :lol:

skidmark said:
..some nice folks from France (as improbable as that might seem) ..

in fairness to them, when I've been in rural France, especially in Brittany and Normandy my personal experience has been that they're nice people, especially the older generation who were there when the English speaking nations liberated them from the Nazis. Go to the larger cities, especially Paris, and you then meet the stereotypical French t***.

Last edited:

ODA 226

We've had Marie Claire and some nice folks from France (as improbable as that might seem) meet with and photograph some of the Virginia ladies. I think this book was perhaps an offshoot of the internet "Armed Ameica" http://www.armedamerica.org/ .

Could be wrong about its origins.

stay safe.

My wife and daughter were featured in Marie Claire and the Washingtonian.

67GT390FB

Americans .... you think you have a monopoly on disliking the French .. well us English have a 1000 year head start on you :lol:

in fairness to them, when I've been in rural France, especially in Brittany and Normandy my personal experience has been that they're nice people, especially the older generation who were there when the English speaking nations liberated them from the Nazis. Go to the larger cities, especially Paris, and you then meet the stereotypical French t***.

eh you are just jealous that my norman ancestors conquered your puny island and civilized you blue painted pictish savages :) :) :)

hehehehe the other half of my ancestry is from those red headed wode covered savages by the way

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
eh you are just jealous that my norman ancestors conquered your puny island and civilized you blue painted pictish savages :) :) :)

hehehehe the other half of my ancestry is from those red headed wode covered savages by the way

Now, now, boys.....

We all know it was the Vikings who settled from the north and finally brought some semblance of order to the so-called British Isles. They also brought a lot of neat weapons, and knew how to use them, as I recall.