• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Campus Protest @ VT, 11/17/11 @11:30 AM

VApatriot

Getting Excited!

The protest is just over two weeks away now, and I'm starting to get pretty excited. So far I have already been able to recruit a couple of friends down here who hadn't yet heard anything about the protest. They seemed really excited about the whole thing, and they planned to tell other people that they know. It's already looking like we're going to have a pretty good crowd, and I haven't yet even seen any kind of ads for the protest around campus. . . hopefully some will be coming soon(?).

Simply based on the constant flow of student-aged people I see at the nearby range, I know that there are a LOT of Tech students who own and keep guns here, and we just need to be able to make sure as many of them as possible know about the protest before it happens.

Docgmt

Need a ride

I am in Goochland right off of I64 looking for a ride to VT and will pay for gas.

t33j

I will be OCing. I do not suggest you attempt to do so if you are a student, faculty member, or staff.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I will be OCing. I do not suggest you attempt to do so if you are a student, faculty member, or staff.

Clarification: If you are any of the above associated with a university other than VaTech please feel free to carry - it is legal and we expect a number of such participants.

Members of the VT community doing so would likely be singled out for administrative punishment - expelled or fired.
IMO - the best that they could do would be to carry an empty holster.

hgreen

Carpool available from Centrevill

My wife was able to take the day off work so we will be driving down from Centreville. Have 3 spots in the car for anyone who is willing to split gas cost.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
I lost my ride to VT from Hampton. Is there any body else from the Tidewater area going that i can share a ride with. I will pay for gas and anything else that's needed. Just PM me, thanks.

VApatriot

I just picked up a copy of the Collegiate Times at the bus stop this morning, and I was very pleased to see VCDL's full-page notice about tomorrow's protest here at Tech. The headline and picture (fish in a barrel) were very catchy and the information was great. Well done!

I usually leave my paper on the bus for someone else to read, and today I folded it over before I left it, so as many people as possible might see the ad.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Clothes ready (x), traveling companion(s) cleaned and loaded (x), been to the auto teller (x), printed material packed and ready (x) - only things left are SSS and get a good nights sleep - will be up before 0:dark 30

See YOU there.

nuc65

Activist Member
I just picked up a copy of the Collegiate Times at the bus stop this morning, and I was very pleased to see VCDL's full-page notice about tomorrow's protest here at Tech. The headline and picture (fish in a barrel) were very catchy and the information was great. Well done!

I usually leave my paper on the bus for someone else to read, and today I folded it over before I left it, so as many people as possible might see the ad.

It was a decent ad, but I wish it had been proofread prior to publication.