Thread: madistans official city guidelines for CC

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

madistans official city guidelines for CC

http://www.channel3000.com/news/29590117/detail.html

This includes bus shelters, transfer points and park shelters. (gag gag)
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-26-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

He doesn't know how wrong he is does he?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

the way i took that is we will be able to carry when we drop off our apps IF THE POLICY IS ACCEPTED BY THEN can i get a second on that or did i misinterpret it?????
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-27-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    SCOTT

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    the way i took that is we will be able to carry when we drop off our apps can i get a second on that or did i misinterpret it??????
    I have no idea how you came up with that.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    I have no idea how you came up with that.
    sorry i left out half the sentence
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-27-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    SCOTT

McX
    I don't think there should be weapons in the Capitol," Miller said. "People should be able to enter public buildings and feel safe. . . . There's children who come in the building, for Pete's sake.

it's for the children, somehow i saw that one coming.

It's my responsibility to make sure that city employees and residents are comfortable and can feel safe, but not actually be safe in city buildings," said Soglin, in a notice sent out Tuesday.
    fixed it for him.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    the way i took that is we will be able to carry when we drop off our apps IF THE POLICY IS ACCEPTED BY THEN can i get a second on that or did i misinterpret it?????
    No, because you actually need a permit to carry in a government building, even if it isn't posted.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    No, because you actually need a permit to carry in a government building, even if it isn't posted.
    If you are dropping off a CCW License application, you must be a Wisconsin resident. You definitely don't have a License or Permit that is valid in Wisconsin, yet.

We are going to be in big trouble if we depend on the news media for information about gun laws. The more violations and problems, the more scary news they will have to report.

Also, remember that the DOJ FAQ on Concealed Carry Weapon Law, is just that. It is not intended to cover Open Carry.

941.235 Carrying firearm in public building.

(1) Any person who goes armed with a firearm in any building owned or leased by the state or any political subdivision of the state is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) Peace officers or armed forces or military personnel who go armed in the line of duty or to any person duly authorized by the chief of police of any city, village or town, the chief of the capitol police, or the sheriff of any county to possess a firearm in any building under sub. (1). Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this paragraph, peace officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state-certified commission warden.

(c) A qualified out-of-state law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 941.23 (1) (g), to whom s. 941.23 (2) (b) 1. to 3. applies.

(d) A former officer, as defined in s. 941.23 (1) (c), to whom s. 941.23 (2) (c) 1. to 7. applies.

(e) A licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out-of-state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g).
    Last edited by E6chevron; 10-28-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    I don't think there should be weapons in the Capitol," Miller said. "People should be able to enter public buildings and feel safe. . . . There's children who come in the building, for Pete's sake.
    I know I will feel a lot safer if bad guys have to guess who has a concealed firearm in Wisconsin's Capital. And, the parents of the children in the Capital can feel better about the safety of their children if they know that in addition to Capital Police, there are armed law abiding citizens who can step in to protect their children.

So, "for Pete's Sake" maybe we should restrict entry into the Capital building to those who can lawfully carry a concealed firearm (open carry or concealed carry). This would go a long way toward insuring the safety of children who come into the Capital building.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.