• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

madistans official city guidelines for CC

oliverclotheshoff

the way i took that is we will be able to carry when we drop off our apps IF THE POLICY IS ACCEPTED BY THEN can i get a second on that or did i misinterpret it?????

Last edited:
M

McX

I don't think there should be weapons in the Capitol," Miller said. "People should be able to enter public buildings and feel safe. . . . There's children who come in the building, for Pete's sake.

it's for the children, somehow i saw that one coming.

E6chevron

No, because you actually need a permit to carry in a government building, even if it isn't posted.

If you are dropping off a CCW License application, you must be a Wisconsin resident. You definitely don't have a License or Permit that is valid in Wisconsin, yet.

We are going to be in big trouble if we depend on the news media for information about gun laws. The more violations and problems, the more scary news they will have to report.

Also, remember that the DOJ FAQ on Concealed Carry Weapon Law, is just that. It is not intended to cover Open Carry.

941.235 Carrying firearm in public building.

(1) Any person who goes armed with a firearm in any building owned or leased by the state or any political subdivision of the state is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) Peace officers or armed forces or military personnel who go armed in the line of duty or to any person duly authorized by the chief of police of any city, village or town, the chief of the capitol police, or the sheriff of any county to possess a firearm in any building under sub. (1). Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this paragraph, peace officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state-certified commission warden.

(c) A qualified out-of-state law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 941.23 (1) (g), to whom s. 941.23 (2) (b) 1. to 3. applies.

(d) A former officer, as defined in s. 941.23 (1) (c), to whom s. 941.23 (2) (c) 1. to 7. applies.

(e) A licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out-of-state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g).

Last edited:

jpm84092

I don't think there should be weapons in the Capitol," Miller said. "People should be able to enter public buildings and feel safe. . . . There's children who come in the building, for Pete's sake.

I know I will feel a lot safer if bad guys have to guess who has a concealed firearm in Wisconsin's Capital. And, the parents of the children in the Capital can feel better about the safety of their children if they know that in addition to Capital Police, there are armed law abiding citizens who can step in to protect their children.

So, "for Pete's Sake" maybe we should restrict entry into the Capital building to those who can lawfully carry a concealed firearm (open carry or concealed carry). This would go a long way toward insuring the safety of children who come into the Capital building.

Uplander

I know I will feel a lot safer if bad guys have to guess who has a concealed firearm in Wisconsin's Capital. And, the parents of the children in the Capital can feel better about the safety of their children if they know that in addition to Capital Police, there are armed law abiding citizens who can step in to protect their children.

So, "for Pete's Sake" maybe we should restrict entry into the Capital building to those who can lawfully carry a concealed firearm (open carry or concealed carry). This would go a long way toward insuring the safety of children who come into the Capital building.

It is Capitol. One time is a slider, but five in one post is a little bit much.