Thread: Superior Court Judge holds NC Felony Firearms Act facially unconstitutional

North Carolina

Superior Court Judge holds NC Felony Firearms Act facially unconstitutional

In Johnston v. State of North Carolina, Case No. 10 CVS 281, Caswell County, North Carolina, Superior Court Judge Abraham P. Jones entered an order, dated October 24, 2011, holding, "The Court is not aware of any set of circumstances under which it is proper for any citizen to be permanently civilly deprived of any fundamental constitutional right without the opportunity to be heard and to present evidence on that civil deprivation both pre- and post-deprivation. The Felony Firearms Act is, therefore, unconstitutional on its face." The Order is subject to a stay pending appeal by the State. 102411 Filed Order Johnston.pdf

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    OMG. That's wonderful - definitely a step in the right direction!

Unfortunately I expect the decision to be overturned under pressure from the emotionally charged non-thinking masses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Carry on!

I80, USA
    Probably, but it seems general consensus is changing to favoring gun rights. At least in my limited experience.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Duplicate postings are strongly discouraged, not allowed, unless otherwise approved on OCDO.

As this is specific to NC please see the below link in that sub-forum:
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.